VINE VOICEon 28 March 2008
I like Scott Kelby's books. They are easy to read, well-laid out and clearly illustrated with colour photographs. His updated book on the iPod range is great - full of tips and tricks that I found useful - even as a reasonably experienced user of the products now. Particularly good on hidden gems in the iTunes store; this book is deceptively comprehensive, although one minor complaint is that it doesn't go into much detail on how to move your music library from one computer to another. However - combined with the Rough Guide (reviewed separately) - you'll have a pretty comprehensive guide to the world of iPods and online music. Thoroughly recommended
on 28 June 2009
Fifth addition of Scott Kelby's book of tricks and although it is a re-write with additions for new products it is still a 'must have'for anyone buying or using an iPod etc for the first time. I was in my 50's when I got my first iPod and even had trouble with the click wheel, so the thought of iTunes, playlists, searches and many other things filled me with confused dread. Scott Kelly's book is a simple, step by step guide and problem solving tutorial to make your iPod and iTunes enjoyable. Well worth the small cost and even if you think you know all there is to know about your Apple product.......believe me, you probably don't.
on 5 September 2007
if you haven't got a clue then this book is useful. Nice pics, clear explanations and some simple step by step guides telling you how to do just about most things. If you've already opened the ipod box and switched it on and downloaded a few songs then you can probably manage without the book!
on 6 January 2006
What a cool book! I had an ipod since august and I got this book for christmas and there were still loads of things to know!!! I feel the only downside is there is not enough on Ipod minis (the Ipod I have) or shuffles but loads on the normal ipod and ipod photo! Overall great book!!!
on 3 May 2011
I have bought three books by Scott Kelby and their format is excellent, clear precise and highly reccommended
for anyone wanting to learn from scratch a big plus is that they have an element of humour which always helps
when learning!
on 29 August 2007
I am a complete techno-phobe and this book is ideal! before buying this book I was getting ready to throw my ipod out of the window. After spending half hour with the book, suddenly I love the pod and am enjoying all the benefits. a must buy for anyone struggling to get to grips with the mystery that is the ipod!
on 16 July 2013
Good tips.easily understood.even my husband could understand it, and he has no concept of technology.would recommend it.funny in places.good value.
on 29 April 2013
Easy to read, fun to read and what the author says works. Dont hesitate to buy this book if you want to learn about your pod's
on 25 February 2009
Don't buy unless you have yet to open the box and are a complete technophobe. If you have the slighest imagination or curiosity you could work out the first five chapters yourself.

A complete waste of money.
on 29 December 2008
Have read this book from the public library and it is indispensable so have now ordered my copy from Amazon. It is clear and concise and well illustrated and has helped me explore the potential of my i Pod.