on 9 May 2017
I have loved the movie The 'Burbs for as long as I can remember, and already owned it on DVD. However when I discovered this Arrow Films version on Blu-ray with a boat load of additional features, behind the scenes documentary, commentary track, and more - I had to buy it again!

Picture quality:
There is a couple of screens of information text when you start the movie telling you about how they have restored it from the original film and audio. It's a good job, and does benefit greatly from the cleaned up print, gorgeous saturated colours, and soundtrack. Joe Dante, the director, personally approved the final product. However whether just due to the fact this is a full HD blu-ray, film grain is very obvious the whole way through, and I am surprised they did not do anything about this (maybe there is some reason they couldn't .... film restoration is not my forte!).

Features:
I really thoroughly enjoyed watching some of the extras. The documentary included is worth the price of the blu-ray alone. Also something interesting that I haven't yet watched but will do is Joe Dante's personal cut of the movie, which until this blu-ray only existed on VHS in Dante's personal collection. It does say the transfer is only as good as the VHS, so will be interesting (!) but I understand the edit is really quite different with totally different opening and endings.

Overall:
Film grain aside, this really is a top top top notch version of the movie. You can tell from the work done on the movie itself, the curation of all the extras, and even the reversible blu-ray case sleeve with special artwork on one side, that this has been a labour of love.

If you love this movie, even if you already own it -- buy this version again. You won't be disappointed.
on 9 June 2017
This is the film kids looked forward to being on tv and wouldn't shut up about the next day.
I think in those days it was a last minute rush rummaging through VHS Tapes looking for a tape to tape a film like the Burbs on that you weren't that botherred about....Only to end up being hollerred at by your Dad when the tape turns out to be a rare concert or an old war film.
This film is so bizzare it's hilarious.
Bruce Dern's charachter Mr.Rumsfield is the most memorable,but the whole cast worked hard to make one hell of a film.
I just don't tire of watching it.
5 stars.
on 29 September 2017
Another great title from Arrow Video, my number one "go to" for cult titles. This 2K scan of Joe Dante's dark comedy is superb, with the usual dizzying array of extras you come to expect with Arrow, including Dante's original workprint and an alternative ending. Treat yourself!
on 20 May 2017
Life in small town America. Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you. Great movie.
on 22 July 2017
Love this film reminds me of sitting around with the family when I was a kid.. great family film
on 27 July 2017
LOVE LOVE LOVE this film. Its one of tom hanks best films
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 August 2015
A favorite movie from my childhood. Been a while since I saw it, but I remember it being hilariously funny with many memorable scenes. A perfect movie to watch with the family.
on 15 August 2017
I love this movie big tom hanks fan unfortunately the dvd jumping spoiled the viewing
on 23 May 2017
Excellent
on 14 February 2012
Arrived very quickly. Great film enjoyed as a child and now enjoyed by my children. New and good value for money. Happy customer.