Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 17 October 2012
After joining forces with a small band of intrepid survivors, Dean and Nick pursue a mysterious survivor who betrays the brothers and their deathly ill sister Val by stealing the only thing that can save her.

Now the siblings are trapped with the zombie hoards and must use their wits to survive, a horrifying ordeal that tests the bonds of family loyalty. This one had me on the edge of my seat, and I couldn't flip through the pages fast enough!

"Apocalypse Unleashed" reminds me of the best of the zombie genre--at its most scary, crazy fun. I also got to know and really care about these characters--Dean, Nick and Val, of course, but also Jackie and Lucas and Claire. Trapped in the land of the walking dead, with their vehicle stolen from them, these spunky survivors encounter horror after horror before finding a truck and chasing after the survivor who stole the vials that could cure Val's affliction.

Cue ticking clock! The story twists and turns in unexpected ways as Val begins to "go native." Be prepared to be surprised, moved and scared out of your wits! It made me want to bolt the doors and bar the windows. And watch out for that nail-biting ending! Highly recommended.
on 13 February 2014
Loved this book just as much as the first which I had free thanks to Amazon. Never a dull moment in this book. I've enjoyed both books so much I'm going to buy the complete series. Would recommend to anyone who likes zombie books or films.
on 26 June 2013
These books are just getting better and I can hardly wait to start reading Book 3. Book 2 ends at a crucial point. Nearly let out a scream when I realised I was on the last page as we'd just about reached the apex. I've so many plot lines going around in my head, as to what they're going to face next and honestly can hardly contain my excitement at starting Book 3. Hope I'm not left feeling short changed at the end of Book 3, but based on the first two, I don't think I will be. If you haven't read Book 1 yet, I highly recommend you do.
on 8 June 2013
Love this, as the first book. Really had my interest throughout.
Have now read the third book in this series and can advise they just keep getting better.
Looking forward to reading the remaining books in this series.
on 13 February 2014
So glad
I gave this series a go! Being a big fan of Zombies films, books, (we all know it's going to happen) started reading the first book five days ago, just going on to book 3 can't stop.
on 8 November 2013
I bought the first of the series and did enjoy it so I bought the second. Not as good as the first but I've bought the third edition as well so will continue with the saga.
on 4 September 2016
Chrissy Peebles has you engrossed from the first chapter. I am thoroughly enjoying the Zombie Chronicles and can't wait to download the rest in the series. Young characters show strength and unity during a harrowing life experience. Will they all make it through to live the "new normal"? The saga continues and is well worth taking the journey. Well done Chrissy.
on 13 September 2014
I enjoyed reading the first book in the series and had to download the second book. I found the book interesting and full of great adventures as they search for the serum which got taken away from them by Tahoe and is need in order to restore Val back to normal. I have already downloaded the 3rd book in the series
on 26 November 2015
Great story for the young teenagers looking for a great zombie series of books. I am far from a young teenager but it was refreshing to read a well written book free of swearing and sex. If you decide to take a chance you wont be disappointed.
on 2 November 2016
Was a very short book with not much happening...it may be because I have just read the undead series that I may be struggling with this one..will give book 3 a go and see if it gets better !