on 6 July 2012
I struggled to find any pregnancy recipe books on Amazon that had consistently good reviews but plumped for this one as the potentially best of a bad lot. Unfortunately it is pretty disappointing. It has a couple of really nice looking breakfast recipes and one or two nice meals but overall the recipes are pretty bland and boring - hardly inspiring. And there are far too few recipes. The first half of the book is given over to healthy eating during pregnancy, weight gain, exercise etc so I guess if you know nothing about healthy eating then this would be useful, but most of this information is covered in more detail in other books that you're more likely to use as reference material. I really just wanted this for some recipe ideas but Yummy Mummy Cookbook seems to have opted for the bland end of healthy eating (cous cous with veg, rice with a tomato sauce etc) bar a small handful (balsamic chicken, Italian cod)so I think my standard cook books will serve me better.
on 2 February 2014
Maybe it was just me, but I looked at the level of preparation required for some of these dishes and in my nauseous state thought, "I just can't be bothered". Also, some of them seemed rather indulgent, at a time when we're all being told not to exaggerate with sugar, fat, treats, etc. and some recipes seemed to include foods that my midwife and other pregnancy books were telling me to avoid. A nice idea, but didn't float my boat.
on 2 April 2012
I have found this book to be a lifesaver! I am just into my 2nd trimester and have really struggled with food aversions but have been constantly starving! Ideas for the 'white diet' in 1st trimester are great when all you fancy is bland food!
I am now enjoying trying some of the proper meals bit by bit as my taste buds can take it!
on 8 August 2013
As a Food Technology teacher I purchased this for a student who wanted to complete her coursework food study on the diet of a pregnant lady - a good reference book for her.
on 13 July 2012
I was looking for a recipe book just to get me out of the same food routine that i fell into when i got pregnant. This book gave me some fresh ideas and advice! Thank you seller fpr posting so quickly.
on 22 November 2010
Bought for my first pregnancy as I found the information sheets from the doctors a little overwhelming to say the least! I was expecting a recipe/cookbook but found that as many (if not more) pages were filled with more information! Albeit, useful information for example why a healthy diet is so important to the baby. The first half of the book breaks down the information in to first, second and third trimesters and what is happening to the baby, you and how you can combat problems like morning sickness and fatigue and then moves on to postpartum It was pretty much the same information as you're given by the midwife in your first appointment.
The second half of the book is the recipes. It includes ideas for breakfast; light meals and snacks; soups, salads and sides; speedy suppers; special suppers; and desserts and smoothies. So far I've not found the recipes at all appealing when I'm feeling under the weather or lethargic (as many pregnant women find at the end of a day) but I've also found that a lot of the recipes are actually quite expensive to buy the ingredients for as there seems to be so many things to get!
On a good note, the book is really well presented and provides easy to read information.
on 20 May 2011
The book has some interesting recipes, but does create some confusion as most midwives/doctors warn to stay away from shellfish, oysters, blue cheese etc and in the book you will find recipes with prawns and even one with blue cheese. It was enough for me to doubt the validity of the entire book.
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 July 2011
this book lives up to its title.....indeed i havent yet had a complaint from any of the family (ranging from 1y, through teens, to adult) about any of the recipes.
and so far, nothing has triggered an attack from the morning-sickness monster.
the recipes are simple and delicious, and following the books guidelines has helped with some of the more uncomfortable early pregnancy issues
on 12 January 2010
I recently found out I was pregnant and wanted new ideas for dinners, so I bought this! It's a great little book with lots of info about what (and what not) to eat during pregnancy. It gives you easy and yummy recipies and meal suggestions. It reccomends different meal plans for different trimesters and gives you general advice about keeping healthy during pregnancy. The recipe's are really delicious and nice enough to feed both me and my husband happily.

A lovely little book for advice and ideas about healthy eating during your pregancy.
on 29 June 2011
Good book with great idea's and pictures!! but i did start to question it after the recipes gave some with Stilton, prawns and crayfish - which Doctor's recommend you to keep away from during pregnancy. Other than that, it gives u a good varied guide of different foods to explore, for breakfast, lunch & dinner but i found myself double checking some recipe ingredients (which is a pain)