Customer reviews

on 10 November 2016
I bought this book years ago in the Logos ship and decided to give it a go as I liked the structure it had , one theme per week , Monday to Friday readings and at the end of each week a set of questions ,meditations and applications you can work on, it really helped me a lot in a painful time in my life, and even dealt with issues from my past I didn't know I was still carrying , I even bought a cover for it as it's one of my "special books" in my shelf and I want it to last forever, I've bought another one to give as a gift , I wish someone handed my this one way earlier than when I encountered it
on 6 April 2017
I have given this as a present several times. You can dip into it or read every day. It really is a book about hope written by someone who has experienced huge loss but found strength for the day through her faith in Jesus.
on 10 November 2013
I would recommend this to Christians who want encouragement that is solid and Biblical, not wishful thinking. Also to anyone with a child with a disability as that is the author's situation. She speaks from real experience having learned hard lessons but able to keep a solid faith in God. Short chapters designed for daily readings make this a very accessible book. Several of my friends have read it as well as me.
on 27 December 2015
My teenage daughter Leah died in January 2014, nine months after being diagnosed with a rare blood cancer. I have since bought this book to dip in and out of and to use during my daily time with God. I've found it very helpful. Nancy Guthrie has buried two of her three children so she understands about grief and heartache and unanswered questions, she also has a deep faith. This book has helped me to hold on to hope in my life. I recently had the privilege of hearing Nancy speak live in Belfast and I was really blessed. I write more about this here and about about some of Nancy's other books that I've about: https://victoriawhyte.wordpress.com/2015/10/18/holding-on-to-hope-in-my-life/
on 26 February 2015