on 19 October 2015
My deep fondness for the Irish goes back to a long lasting friendship begun when I was 7. However in common with most of my peers Irish history, beyond St Patrick and his famous snake trick, remained a void till thrust upon us by the IRA in the 70s. This rude awakening certainly led to some desultory glances in the direction of Irish history rapidly abandoned as too confusing and not chiming at all with what I knew you of my friend and her family.

You will not find an in depth analysis of the troubles and the good Friday agreement here. Rather a fond and forgiving collation.

This little book manages a good balance between the three Es above maintaining a light tone throughout and skating dextrously over potential flash points.
on 5 September 2017
As a born and bred proud paddy I found this book very funny and true taking a tongue in cheek view of the Ireland giving our good and bad points hypocrisy and all the little traits that the Irish have that are frankly a bit mad a good read both for the Irish and anyone who wishes to visit ireland or simply find out more about Ireland
on 18 December 2017
As with all the xenophobe guides I've tried, this was fun to read and perhaps edifying. However, I don't have enough experience to judge whether it is fair the Irish.
on 15 January 2018
It was brought and seemed like a funny book
on 13 September 2015
Very funny and, in a way, quite tragic. I think Spike Milligan would have approved. Now I know why the Irish are the only people who can make 'Good morning' sound like a declaration of war.
on 29 October 2017
Very good
on 23 September 2015
This all seems to be a truthful account of the Irish people although I expect some is not true. It fits my Irish son-in-law though.
on 22 March 2015
Excellent series. The Xenophobe books are always entertaining, this one too.
on 25 July 2013
I think everybody knows at least one Irishman and I am sure he will laugh at this light-hearted looked at his country and his countrymen.
on 11 November 2014