Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now Learn More Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 20 November 2005
At first I was not interested that much in reading the worry website but I thought that I would because Jacquline wilson Is my faveourite author. After I read it I thought it was fantastic. The basic storyline is a that a teacher set up a website that the students could anonymously reveal their worries on. Other students would go onto the website and give advise. Each chapter of the book was of a different childs problem. I would recomend this book to all girls and boys under the age of 12.
marie
on 2 February 2013
I enjoyed this book, and read it in one day. However, I am 10 years and I think that it is really aimed at 7-9 years. It is an emotional story about kids' usual worries. It doesn't really teach you how to get over your worries, but it can help you understand how others may be feeling. It also shows how pathetic some worries can be compared to REAL problems. It just makes you stop and think for a moment: "Why am I worrying about such a silly thing? Look at what others have to go through!"
I would recommend this book towards 7-9 year old's. If you are that age, read it as it is highly enjoyable! It is funny, yet sad
on 20 April 2014
Jacqueline Wilson has not yet failed to impress me. This book is great, as it deals with many common issues in a child's life regarding family, crushes, disabilities and the general feeling that you can't do anything right. It is full of useful solutions which you can apply to real life too.
This book is gripping and will keep you entertained. Though it may be short, you'll be able to read it over and over without getting bored. There's some humour, some sadness, whilst still keeping reality in the pages. Wilson has once again addressed us children in a way we can all understand, and I'm sure after reading this, you'll wish there was a Worry Website for you!
I would definitely recommend this book to people aged 6+ as it is engaging and child friendly, but had mentions of subjects that could be upsetting to younger children (e.g hitting people).
On the whole, another thrilling Jacqueline Wilson tale for you to enjoy. Hope my review helped.
~Kacie, 11
on 3 June 2002
I love this book, I loved from the first time I touched the wonderfully illustrated cover. This book tells all different stories about all the problems and worries that children often incounter in their lives. I think every child can relate to even one of Mr Speeds pupils worries.
It took me only one day to read this because I couldn`t put it down, as it is one of the best books ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 13 January 2008
The Worry Website is Mr Speed the class teacher's idea of a Web site for his primary school pupils to write their worries down anonymously and then get help with solving them from their peers. Jacqueline Wilson has linked the worries of six children in the book through six short stories, and a seventh story is contributed by 12-year-old Lauren Roberts, winner of an online competition. Each story refers to the other class members, so that they do not sit in isolation, and "Greg's Worry", the second story, links particularly well with the first story, "Holly's Worry". From divorced parents to living with a disability, and from feeling useless at school to nightmares at home, Wilson has sensitively touched on the small and big problems that worry eight and nine-year-olds. Holly's story of wishing her potential stepmother turns out wicked brings a lump to the throat, while William's huge appetite but less huge academic achievements are described with knowing but kind humour.
Lauren Roberts' story "Lisa's Worry" perhaps tells more about the reality of children and their worries than Wilson's own upbeat versions--as Wilson herself says, Lisa's "story ends so sadly". Unlike the other stories, it does not have a resolution and Lisa is evidently not as keen as Holly, Claire, Natasha, Greg, etc. to share her concerns with her class or her teacher. This suggests that a real-life "worry Web site" might not be so avidly subscribed to as Mr Speed's, a reminder that despite Wilson's effortless knack in engaging with children, some worries sadly appear to remain safer when fictionalised or unspoken. However, here's hoping that if there are many Mr Speeds around UK schools no child is going to remain unhappy for long--every reader couldn't help but smile if he was their teacher!
on 14 March 2013
'The Worry Website' is an amazing book that will have you 6-13 years old's glued to the pages of it! Written by Jacqueline Wilson, this is a super book that is perfect for kids with worries such as: fighting parents, crazy crushes, terrible and scary dreams and even disability's like epilepsy. Follow the adventures of 7 woeful children as they visit a website that their teacher created and jot down their worries. This website, created by the children's teacher, is where the children can write their worries and get a few bits of advice in return from other class mates. I'm am sure, boy or girl, that your child will loves this book and will want to read it again and again!
on 11 March 2016
Omg, this book was amazing especially The child Natasha and Lisa's worry! This book I recommend to children 7-11 , because of the language and setting. This book is all about children and a website called the worry website where the children put their worry, and the teacher Mr speed tries to sort it out! 🍝🌺💷💸
on 19 June 2013
All I see is a fab author writing the most fascinating book ever!
It's the worries that really made me chuckle,laugh and almost made me cry!
Shall I tell you my worry?
Now I think all the readers would agree with my worry...
NEVER GIVE UP WRITING JACQUELINE WILLSON!
on 15 April 2013
I thought this book was very different from the other Jacqueline Wilson books I have read, in a good way. I liked the idea of setting the book into mini stories. The book was about 7 children in a class who put in there worry into a website their teacher had made, called The Worry Website. I gave this book 5 stars because I am a person who worries a lot, like the 7 children, so this book really appealed to me when I heard the title. I thought this book was brilliant and I loved it. I would recommend The Worry Website to any age.
on 20 December 2008
I think this book is interesting and you get into the book quite quickly, just like most other Jaqueline Wilson books. It is about a worry website that the teacher, Mr Speedy, makes. Each chapter has a new pupil in Mr Speedy's class write about their problem, whether it's at home or at school. By the end of each chapter the child's worry has been solved or is getting better.
One or two of the chapters are quite boring, like a girl called Claire's worry, but most of them are interesting.
This book isn't rude or that upsetting, so I would recommend from ages 8+.