Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 September 2017
Wonderful retelling of the tale from the wolf's point of view. And what a guy he is! Glib, plausible and accustomed to talking his way into--or out of anything. Good chuckles for adult readers but still a readable bedtime book for children.
on 18 August 2017
Fantastic kids book (ummm and for those not so young ....)
on 28 July 2017
Interesting take on the story. Makes for a fun read
on 10 October 2011
Bought this for our daughter's 3rd Birthday and got one each for two of her friends. After hearing it being read on "Bookaboo" it was one that needed to be read again and again especially when Daddy puts his Amereican accent on!! Cleverly written and so funny - loved by children and adults alike!
on 1 October 2011
Fantastic illustrations and a wicked take on a traditional story. Kids love this book! I have used it for a year 3/4 class and it really got their imaginations going.
on 1 June 2011
Great book. It really captured my class's imagination and they used it to write letters to Red Riding Hood from the wolf's point of view.
on 7 February 2010
My daughter, who is 5, thoroughly enjoys me reading this book to her as a*bedtime story*
AS a result, her english improves rapidly--we live in Kazahkstan and she speaks russian/kazahkstan extremely well and as a result of lots of dvds and other books her understanding of english is rapidly improving.
a very good book for bedtime stories.
on 29 November 2012
Must have book for kids and adults alike, Giving the Wolfs side of the story in little red riding hood is done so cleverly and is highly amusing, I've purchased more for presents for my daughters friends for their birthdays. buy buy buy!!
on 26 July 2016
What a fabulous book. My class LOVED it. I used it for KS1 on World Book Day when we did our teacher swap but used it with my Y5 class to do two weeks worth of writing. They really enjoyed it and read so much more into it than I thought. The illustrations are fantastic and there is opportunity for discussion as you see through the wolfs eyes, mouth, over his ears. A great purchase.
on 10 November 2016
Delightfully wicked wolf tells his 'version of events', but is he to be trusted?! It is a great tale with beautifully vivid illustrations that will delight children and adults alike, though might be a bit scary for very sensitive little ones. For me it recaptured the dark mystery of the fairy tale I found as a child, in a way I cannot really explain. I have bought for my 4yr old niece as an accompaniment to all the usual fairy tales, but am going to keep it aside till she is maybe 5 or 6....there is content in the tale that may be better understood a little later eg jokes about the wolf wearing 'contacts' that make his eyes look big, and other rather more 'grown up' jokes and subtleties. I think it would also be a great story for opening up discussion about trustworthiness in others too, when the time comes for that A 'must have' for any lover of the fairy tale in general, and the wolf in particular!