on 25 January 2014
Really good book to have for awild life garden. plenty of facts and info etc I didn't know. Husband loves it too!!
on 16 January 2014
was for a keen gardener who loves helping the garden animal visitors very colourful useful educational book well liked thankyou
on 16 September 2016
I was looking for some guidance on how to attract wildlife into my windy, sandy seaside garden. This is full of great ideas, and you also get a very personal vibe. It's not a posh coffee table book, although you can *use* it as a posh coffee table book because the photography is beautiful. But, it is evident that the author has not always had a lot of money, and the ideas are not silly or outlandish, they are practical and grounded. Not sure I will ever be able to fully do without an insect spray, but I am hoping that the ideas I've adopted will help more wildlife live a happy and full-bellied life in my garden.
on 9 August 2013
Fantastic book, full of useful information, practical tips and things to try in your own garden. Particularly found the bee identification and nest info useful - I've even discovered I have a bumble bee nest I didn't know I had previously!
on 4 September 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in helping the survival of our native wildlife together with an interest in gardening. I am now full of motivation for creating special places for many species
on 28 August 2014
An utterly superb book with loads of practical tips for the wild life gardener. Lots of explanatory photos, clear and consice text. I love this book and have recommended it to several of my friends.
on 25 November 2014
Such a beautiful book. Well written and beautiful illustrations. What ever the size of your garden there is things you can do. If you want to encourage wildlife to your garden this is the book for you.
on 1 October 2013
I chose this book because it had been recommended by Yorkshire wildlife trust so knew it would be good and it is. The photos are excellent
on 28 October 2013
The lady seems to think all wildlife is desirable around the home. I my exiperiance opening up the compost heap encorages Rats. Infact nowhere in this book is Roland mentioned.
on 28 July 2015
The book is a very good guide to all sorts of things in the garden very pleased