Customer reviews

The Whoopie Pie Book
Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon 26 June 2011
I like my Whoopie Pies and this book has some new additions above and beyond the usual flavours which I haven't tried such as Key Lime and Frozen Mint Choc Chip.

What I really with this book is the way to it alternates between Pies and Fillings. Although it means flicking through the book to find either the filling you want, it does making matching Pie with Filling very easy.

But the very act of flicking through the book has thrown up some combinations that I wouldn't have thought of, if they had both been on the same page as in some Whoopie Pie books.

This is a great book for both Whoopie Beginners and Experts
on 10 December 2012
Tasty and easy to follow - the perfect solution! Also great if you're in the UK as I had no problem with any ingredients/measurements. The whoopies are delicious and its worth buying top quality ingredients for best results.
on 27 February 2016
I didn't get much success with my whoopee cakes
on 2 March 2011
What a lovely book! The recipes are easy to follow, 1 Whoopie pie per page each with a beautiful photograph, and each pie followed by the recipe for the filling also one to a page. I have made the first pie in the book, a chocolate whoopie with marshmallow filling...delicious! It has a rich flavour, wonderful texture and lovely creamy filling, a definite hit with all the family. Can't wait to try making the next one in the book, I think I shall work my way through all the recipes!!
on 24 February 2011
I own masses of cupcake and baking books, so when I saw an English Whoopie Pie book I couldn't resist! Having only received it today, I've made the Chocolate Whoopies this afternoon. They are lovely, however...they are far more cake like than I imagined. The description of a 'cross between a cookie and a cake' is slightly misleading. I think more apt would be a cake, which is cookie like in appearance :-) I can't wait to make the Rhubard and Custard whoopies or the Teacake whoopies!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 July 2014
I just love this book and have become a Whoopie Pie convert - forget those tired old cupcakes.

The book is very well written with clear step by step instructions making the recipes very easy to follow. There are plenty of photographs so that you know exactly what end result you are aiming for.

I have had this book for a while and have done a number of the recipes. The Salted Caramel Pie and Mocha Orange recipes stand out as being absolutely wonderful and incredibly moreish. Chocolate macaroons are also good. The only disappoint for me was the Walnut Whip recipe, which while perfectly nice, was however a little boring.

If you haven't made Whoopie Pies before, you have been missing out and I highly recommend getting this book.
VINE VOICEon 16 October 2010
Whoopie Pies have yet to really make their mark here in the UK. This book may go a long way to correct that.

The bookshop shelves are full of ideas for cupcakes - but this is one of the first to really showcase the potential of whoopie pies.

It is a beautifully presented piece of work - lots of great food photography, very clear instructions, ingredients all readily available. It is enough to make you want to go straight to the kitchen to start creating.

I am going through a bit of a baking book obsession at the moment and am really excited to have this one as part of my collection. I might not be cooking them all - but the book has inspired me to try making these yummy treats at home.
on 11 March 2011
This book is amazing ! There are a variety of recipes, all of which are simple enough to follow, and ingredients easy to get from the local supermarket.

The carrot cake whoopie went down a treat with the adults, and I keep getting requests for it at family events! Today Im going to make the red velvet whoopies.. Mmm. Defo worth the investment, cupcakes are so last season. These little treats always stand out at the party.. mainly because of curiosity. They soon get gobbled up once curiosity gets the better of people ! :)
on 21 December 2010
It is exactly what you want to yell out after eating one of these amazing "pies"!
Not really a pie, but it's not a cookie or cake or cupcake either sort of a cross between all deserts that have ever existed! That's really what this book offers- varieties on how to make a whoopie for different occasions and palettes.
I've tried the chocolate chip ones for my daughters birthday and wish I had made a second batch as they were eaten up very quickly! I plan on making another batch, trying a new "flavor" but having a hard time choosing which to try next!
The recipes are easy to follow. The only thing I don't have is an electrical whisk and to get the filling fluffy you probably need one, but flavor is not compromised if whisked by hand!
Highly recommended!
on 19 October 2011
I just love whoppie pies, there seems to be lots of different ways to make them, one of them being to use cake mix, what is the point? But if like me you want the classic whoppie pie then this book is for you!