on 7 May 2017
Brought this book for my husband and for my sister.
They both really liked it.
I liked how it was different people writing on subjects they knew and different artists and graphic designers illustrated the ideas.
on 27 September 2013
I have really enjoyed scanning through this book:)
I am a scientist and I love how it can merge with beautiful art.
It was for my personal collection but it'd also be a great gift for a teenage with enthusiasm in science I think.
Highly recommend it!
Dee
on 18 December 2012
Nice to have a flick through and learn about the mysteries of the universe. Looks great and plenty to read
on 5 March 2013
Bought this for my 11 year old nephew for Christmas. He LOVED it and was totally absorbed, read it cover to cover and told us stuff back. Great illustrations and another wonderful way to bring science to life.
on 30 October 2013
Beautiful illustrations and nicely written articles. Though you can tell that some scientists are better at explaining difficult concepts than others :-) Great book to have on the coffee table, always sparks conversation.
on 8 March 2014
A really good read for the curious mind, and great creative pictures too. The only downside was that it didn't go into the topics in any real depth but I don't think that was the purpose anyway.
on 15 December 2012
This was a "must have" book for Christmas 2012,my son decided.He finds it fascinating and very informative and highly recommends it to those who want to know "Where,Why and How"
on 29 December 2015
This book is joy to have! The illustrations are amazing.
on 13 August 2014
Not as good as Brian Cox but interesting nevertheless
on 6 May 2013
I love the fact that it combines the (seemingly) polar opposites of art and physics into one book. Finally! It's a really good book to either read from start to finish, or just simply flick through and read up on one or two things- enjoying the variety of artwork along with it.