on 24 March 2017
An interesting and informative book on a side of Lee we may not all be privy to. A number of principals that are definitely intriguing and can be applied to ones own life.
on 5 April 2017
A l
on 2 June 2016
Please ignore the one star reviews of this book as it seems they were motivated by cognitive dissonance and a lack of interest. It is not a "violent" book, I have no idea where they are getting this impression. I totally understand why a Western philosopher may be offended as it's views are from an Eastern perspective (the only useful one). Also in response to these reviews: This book is not plagiarised from the work of Jiddu Krishnamurti - Bruce Lee was merely inspired by his work amongst many other thinkers, as we all are. It's a very well written book with short, straight-to-the-point chapters with powerful insights to the mind of Bruce Lee, a handful of other thinkers including Alan Watts and, of course, the auther himself.
on 17 August 1999
I agree with another reader who called this book "The best philosophy book ever written!" I read this book and it changed my life. I had problems believing in myself, a poor understanding of those around me and of my place in the world. I've read other "self-help" books and even a few philosophy books, but most of them seem to deal with life as an abstract concept -- there was nothing in their writings that spoke to me as a human being and addressed the serious issues in my life. Bruce Lee's teachings have opened my eyes to an entirely new world -- or, at least, an entirely new way of looking at the world. I had always thought that Lee was just an actor or a fighter -- how wrong I was! Mr. Little has done both Bruce Lee and the world of a philosophy a huge favor by taking the time and effort to write this amazing and, quite literally, life-changing book. This is quite simply the best and most helpful book I have ever read. I can't recommend it highly enough.
on 18 June 2002
I know I am just one happy reader, but out of the 5 books i have read that were concerning Master Bruce Lee this is by far the most enjoyable and inspiring. I am at the moment a brown-white belt in Shotokan Katate and am at the moment interested in the spiritual insight into martial arts. This book is a great guide and WILL improve the understanding of any martial artist. Anyone who is interested in Bruce Lee will definately enjoy this book!
on 1 December 2010
If you want to truly understand Bruce Lee then this is the book to read!! I feel that even scientists can appreciate the knowledge in this book. I feel that JKD is the way forward for man!! When we realize our selves and harmonise our selves only then will we be ready for the stars and beyond. To sum it up waht Bruce Lee wants is for every individual to realize THIER potential.

Man throughout the centrys are known to adapt, to adapt one must create, only then is true individuality realesed.

I also recomend the striking thoughts and artist of life!
on 7 August 2010
Fans of Bruce Lee will love this book,let's face it the man has a large and very loyal fan base very much like the Elvis of martial arts and Kung Fu films.As I understand it the man held a degree in philosophy,so it's little wonder that he borrowed,(or as one other reviewer puts it plagiarizes) ideas. It's fair to say that this is not a particularly academic piece of work,but so what?
To the reviewers who didn't like this book due to the violent aspects,I think you missed the point of what makes Bruce Lee so popular,which without putting to fine a point on it,was "he kicked ass!". All I can suggest to these people is,yeh you guessed it,"Be like water."
Peace
on 4 February 2015
To say this book has changed my life may seem a little over the top but it really has.
His philosophy on all aspects of life are amazing and make so much sense that you see life and the world in a different light. I definitely recommend this book if your looking for some insight into your place in this existince.
on 5 October 2013
This is an interesting read. I'm sure Bruce Lee fans will love it, and many Thinkers would enjoy some points of view too. Many thanks for prompt dispatch
on 24 September 2015
amazing book!! clear, precise information on Bruce Lee's philosophies. Easy to understand and use to help yourself!