on 7 September 2013
Very very funny & so uplifting. Read first at my book club, then I bought for myself, mine all mine.
on 29 September 2009
I like to think of myself as a 'golden oldie' really, but if you enjoy the 'Grumpy Old Women' and 'Grumpy Old Men' T.V. programmes, you will enjoy Virginia's book. It is always interesting to hear the grumps and outlook of fellow senior citizens, and good for a giggle when it is exactly what you and your friends have been thinking for ages! I do not agree with all that Virginia writes, but obviously, this will apply to many as we are all individuals with individual experiences.
VINE VOICEon 15 June 2011
As other reviewers have said, Virginia Ironside says so much that I have thought myself about the fun of growing older. Very funny, I laughed a lot, but also some good advice about giving yourself permission to be who you want to be, rather than fitting in with others' ideas. Easy to dip in and out of, a good laugh, and we all know how helpful that is!
on 27 March 2013
Couldn't believe this book, hugely funny but eerily echoing my own thoughts and feelings on reaching 66 - somehow this number had seemed but worse than all the others but this book made me laugh at myself and realise - I AM NOT ALONE and what is more its not going to get better, but at least I can laugh at it now.
on 8 October 2009
The book was great and exhilarating, easy to follow ant to read like a novel. Every retiring person should have a look at it. The older population is increasing: they should learn how to enjoy old age and be proud of it. In every page there is an optimistic suggestion as how to pass the remaining time. I laughed a lot
on 5 April 2013
Growing old is not really "great" but this book will help! It is positive and funny and makes you feel happier about it. I liked the book a lot and am going to buy it for my best friend who, like myself, is approaching the senior citizen years.
on 8 February 2013
This was the first of Virginia Ironside's books I had read but I enjoyed it so much that I immediately bought 'No, I don't reading glasses' and certainly wasn't disappointed. I definitely to read more from her.
on 29 September 2010
Love this book. Great to dip in and out of. Anyone over 50 will love it. Confirms all those things you think but think twice about saying in public. Well written. HIghly recommend.
on 25 May 2012
Book arrived swiftly, within a few days of purchase.

It is not easy to review the book as it is picked up and put down again at intervals.

A very entertaining lady, who says it as it is.

Worth reading if you can accept you are getting older and can laugh at the fact.
on 7 October 2015
This started off so well and I found myself laughing with incidents and feelings written about. However, it became a bit 'same old' as it wore on and it became a bit tedious. I really must be too old for this book.