Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.59

on 24 May 2017
Greatly enjoyed by the recipient of this gift
on 4 April 2017
All you need
on 25 May 2013
Some good songs on this cd. But some of the recording could be better remastered or something..

All in all not a bad album, brings back some memories for the older generation................
on 13 February 2012
This is one of those albums you put on to play in the background and suddenly find yourself humming along to all of the tunes.

It's an excellent collection put together by Amazon and works either as an introduction to the music or if you want to consolidate all of the good stuff into one album.

At the price it's difficult to find anything other than praise for the album.

all good stuff.
I bought this for my mum as a present. She is delighted with it and loves the range of tracks on the two disks. For the time the recordings are good and quite clear.
Anyway, a very happy mum so five stars for this.
on 8 January 2014
I learned two lessons from this purchase:
1. The benefit of Amazon's Auto-rip.
2. (Arguably) go for quality (remastered) rather than quantity.

The 48 tracks on this album are very good, original, mono recordings.
However, after receiving the disc I compared the sound with the Amazon samples of the 2010 remastered "Very Best of Glenn Miller" (24 tracks). (You need to view the MP3 Download album not the CD Album to be able to sample the tracks.)
The clarity of the 2010 remastered disc sounded better to me - I wish I had gone for that album.

I bought from an Amazon 3rd party reseller rather than Amazon direct as it was slightly cheaper. Hence I did not benefit from the Amazon MP3 auto-rip. This is not normally a problem as I use Media Player to rip my CDs anyway. However, the CD database used by Media Player is normally excellent. However for this particular version of the "Very Best of Glenn Miller" the database did not deliver. I had to type nearly all the track names myself. I wish I had gone for the Amazon direct sale (and preferably the 2010 remastered version). (The reseller delivered what I had ordered, in perfect condition, on time and cheaper than Amazon - no problems there.)
on 17 November 2015
The most familiar orchestral sound, possibly of all time, is that of The Glenn Miller Orchestra. It was unique in its time, although latterly it has been copied with some degree of success eg. The Syd Lawrence Orchestra, but never bettered.

This 2 CD compilation of 48 tracks, allows us to hear all those great tunes again. They incude `In The Mood`, `American Patrol`, `Pennsylvania 6-5000`, Little Brown Jug`, `Chattanooga Choo Choo`, `I`ve Got A Gal In Kalamazoo`, `Tuxedo Junction`, `St. Louis Blues March` and of course `Moonlight Serenade`, amongst others. A bit of nostalgia that stands up well today
Here you will discover 48 original recordings featuring all the well loved vocalists of the band and the key recordings they made during the period 1937 to 1944. The running time is approx 151 minutes and the sound quality excellent throughout. CD1 covers the period 1937 to 1945 but concentrates on 1939 to 1942. Vocals by Ray Eberle; Skip Nelson; Marion Hutton & Tex Beneke. CD2 covers 1938 to 1944 and concentrates on the period 1939 to 1942. Vocalists as for CD1. Liner notes are by Michael Heatley and this comes with some stunning artwork. Another excellent addition for One Day Music.
on 19 February 2013
a fabulous record.brings back happy memories and some good times.it is a very clear recording and very good value.thank you..
on 6 January 2015
How could you not rate this 5 stars?! It's a classic and at unbelievable value. I got this after watching the Glenn Miller story, a great film. I wanted the original music and this is what this is. I couldn't find this anywhere else so I'm very happy with Amazon, thankyou!