on 25 September 2016
I read it in 1979 on a flight to Australia , always interested in UFO's and lo and behold there it was in the bookshop at the airport, worth a read. This book would make a great movie!
on 29 November 2017
Condition of book could have been better, but this true story is brilliant....
on 3 December 2017
Excellent book but expensive considering the original price.
on 19 May 2008
I read this years ago and passed it around family and friends and eventually lost track of it. i was thinking about it today and thought, i'd really like to read it again. All i could remember was Aliens, Wales, Farmers, Brilliant. I did a search on amazon and saw "the uninvited" by Nick Pope. (different book) but immediately knew it was the right name, and sure enough the reviewer above described the book exactly.

I've read some stuff in my time, but no book has ever made me REALLY think about aliens or life on other planets like this one did. I recomend it to anyone who loves to read, and deffinately to anyone who is not sure one way or another about aliens and abductions. I really really couldnt believe what i was reading. I am heading to ebay now to try and track this baby down. And trust me, this time i wont be lending it out again.
on 5 September 2016
I owned the original version of this book many years ago but had lost it. So when I found this new version I was very pleased, as I live in the area I'm very intrigued by the story. However, it was utterly spoilt by the lack of editing and obviously hadn't been checked by anyone, a lot of the text makes no sense whatsoever, with words missing, sentences unfinished, the list is endless. And at such a high price too.
on 21 September 2017
I read this book in the late 70s early 80s when it was first released and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was good to read it again. Now that we have the internet It was easy to do some simple research this time and some things just didn't make sense. Some of the neighbouring farms that are mentioned don't exist. Also I would have liked to have known why Tina lived with her Grandparents. There is probably a very good reason but I would like to know. I can't understand why this story has not had coverage on one of the many UFO programmes that have been made and broadcasted on TV. It is far more important than some that have been "done to death".
on 29 April 2004
excellent book,based on a true story,that actually happened in 1977.set inpembrokeshire,south west wales,the coombs family,who have a dairy farm,areterrorised by strange phenomena,ufo sightings,over a period of twelvemonths.They live in a farmhouse ,on the cliff top overlooking dale.thestory is told as it happened,makes the hairs on the back of your neckstand up.I actually bought this book in 1977,and mislaid it.then in 1982 imoved down to pembrokeshire to live,was in raf,based at brawdy airbase.Icould relate to the coombs story,it was great.
11 Comment| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 March 2013
I read this book years ago and found it so interesting that I wanted to read it again.It arrived on time,well packaged and I would recommend this seller. I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in the unexplained and or ufos.
on 28 September 2009
After hearing about this book from a customer, I was intrigued to find out more...
Once I had sourced a copy and had it delivered, i started reading and did not want to stop.

Considering the book is over 30 years old, I am surprised no one has turned it into a film (i think no one has anyway)

I did not know what to expect when i started reading it, and if what is written is all based on the truth then it is a fantastic story which more people would be open to now than when it happened in the 70's.

This is a must read for any ufo / abduction theory fan, and i am sure there have been a lot of books based on this one.

If the truth is out there, then this book brings it a little closer, enjoy!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 October 2011
My Nan recommended I read this book as I've got a keen interest in UFOs. It's ashame that this book is not in print at the moment but if you can get a second hand copy it is well worth the read. It is one of those books that takes you away to another dimension; you forget you're reading it and get swooned off into the story. It is a true account of a farmers family who are disturbed by paranormal activity and supernatural encounters on their farm. Flying Saucers are spotted, space men in silver suits are lurking outside their window and the farmers cattle keep getting teleported and men in black appear at their door, yet the government deny anything is happening despite the media coverage. This really is a great read, the pace and narrative flow well and the characters are real life, it is a true account and you can tell this from the way it is written, it's a very ernest piece of literature in which draws you into the real life event. Get this book if you are interested aliens, UFOs and men in black. You certainly won't be disappointed I guarantee you that and that's why I'm giving it five stars! ROCK ON!!