Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.99

on 17 November 2005
Of the many psychics and mediums put in front of us Gordon stands out as being both accurate and trustworthy. Unlike some even more famous names. Sceptics will always scoff, believers alway support so I recommend this book wholeheartedly to the rest, the unsure. I can't take all of what Gordon says in, but there's enough understanding there for me to enjoy the read and feel better for it. I was near to tears at several of the accounts of mediumship and not ashamed to admit it. We need an Oasis or two in this life to help us through the hard times and this book brings them in abudance. Buy it for yourself, or for a friend - they will be forever in debt to you.
on 16 January 2006
I couldnt put this book down! Sensitively written with explanations that put things into perspective. Some sound advice to people who have been bereaved and those wishing to contact the spirit world. Gordon explains things easily and in a way that has you craving for more of his wisdom and insight. A must read!
on 10 October 2005
I cannot describe just how wonderful this book is. The writing by Gordon is frank and honest, and provides great comfort for those readers who have experienced the pain of losing someone close. I believe this book would convince even the most sceptical critic. A fantastic read!
on 31 May 2005
After the awful loss of my mother just recently i felt totally lost and brokenhearted and needed to know she would be ok,I needed comfort and reasurance and thats exactly what i got from Gordon. I read both his books a few days after her death and although I'm still grieving, I know now she's safe, and Whats more, I may be able to contact her some day. This was all I needed to know, now I dont feel so desperate. I could read them both over and over as they are lovely, funny, educational and informative. Thank you Gordon.
on 7 March 2006
This book really is excellent and I recommend this book to anyone.
Within the last year I was diagnosed as clinically depressed and one of the many symptoms I had with this condition was an immense fear of death and qusetionning of life. This book has been such a terrific comfort to me and just made me want to read more and more. Gordon has written this book in a language that everyone can understand and leaves you wanting to know more. If anyone is going through similar anxieties I really do recommend this as it has helped me so much.
on 23 March 2006
I'm not one to normally want to read anything by mediums as I believe a high number of them are frauds (and you may include in that a cetain famous Scouser). However I do believe some people have a genuine gift and after seeing a documentary about Gordon Smith I am fairly sure he is genuine. The book gives a good insight into the who, why and where of the spirit world and answers many questions. I would reccommend it to anyone interested in this subject. My one critisism of the book was that it sometimes comes accross in a slightly patronising tone as if it were addressing a five year old and this is especially true of the question and answer sections at the end of each chapter. Also there are some pretty corny slightly cheesy jokes included in the book that I'm sure a five year old might find funny.
Having said all that these are minor critisisms and would still reccommend this book.
on 18 November 2015
Again and again I make a mistake by buying a book encouraged by it's many positive reviews.

I found it difficult connecting to the book. In my opinion there are better written essays on the subject. Having said that, Gordon Smith is trying his best to describe and explain something that by definition is difficult to explain. He is doing this by focusing on his spiritual journey and experience, plus some theories of his own and attempts to answer common questions.

The biggest issue for me was the notion about absence of any "punishment" in the afterlife for those who committed unspeakable acts of cruelty to people and animals. I just can't accept this, even if this is true.

Another thing is there nothing about what happens to animals, if they are a part of the bigger picture?
To me, a more compelling account came in the "Proof of Haven" by Eben Alexander or, for more seriously minded, in "Irreducible Mind"
on 29 December 2004
I was a little nervous about reading something like this, some psychics try desperately to convince you about the existance of spirit. This book doesn't bother trying that, the writer believes 100% and isn't going to try and convert you.
It explains and dispells some of the more interesting myths. He's also honest about some of the dodgy so called psychics and what to watch out for.
The book itself is easy to read and very entertaining in places.
on 25 April 2005
Although hardly the most indepth book on the market on the topic of mediumship and I found personally found no new enlightenment here, Gordon Smith does write in a style that is fluid and accessible. This is also a very honest account by a very good and very honest medium. For those new to the subject area, however, I'm sure it will prove both delightful and informative.
on 10 November 2014
TOOK ME a good while to read this,as it was a bedside alternative.GORDON SMITH IS A GUIDING LIGHT,and he has explained many things that you maybe have thought about, but finding the right person is needle in a haystack country.,and to quote a spirit guide...'ANYTHING BEYOND YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF REALITY CAN CAUSE YOUR DISTURBANCE BECAUSE YOUR MIND WANTS TO DISSECT ANY PHENOMENON AND UNDERSTAND IT THROUGH REASON AND RATIONALITY,BUT THIS WILL LIMIT YOU FROM UNDERSTANDING THE EXPERIENCE ITSELF. REALLY ENJOY (IF I CAN SAY THAT)HIS VIEWS AND HIS TV EXPOSURE, AND I WILL TRY READING SOME OTHER BOOKS BY GORDON.VIA AMAZON UK