on 27 November 2012
although a good over view of reptiles it wasn't in depth enough for research purposes for my needs, good book with lots of good colour pictures though and would recommend for any hobbyist.
on 4 November 2016
What an absolute waste of money. This was bought as a gift for a young snake enthusiast yet it lacks even the basic information. When I was a child I had a great book that taught me about snakes, this so call encyclopaedia doesn't even show for example the different types of teeth snakes have, which in my eyes is pretty key to learning about the difference between vipers and constrictors.

The pictures are nice yet it gives very little basic information at all. Please don't waste your money on this book.

If this is the quality of printed encyclopaedias these days then I fear for the younger generation. You would expect the content quality to have improved over 30 years but looking at this it's obviously not the case. If only I could find the old book I used to have as a child.
on 12 August 2012
The product arrived very quickly which was pleasing. I did expect the book to be a visual field guide which i could use to identify the animals out in the wild but it is more of a picture and information book. Lots of information and Fantastic pictures but not a field guide. I am still looking for a field guide on snakes and reptiles which i can use out on my travels and adventures.
on 15 July 2016
An invaluable book for anyone with a serious interest in snakes and reptiles, helpful for identification purposes and packed with information about habitat and behavioural characteristics. I use it on all my photographic research projects.
on 21 January 2014
bought for my nephews girlfriend and although quite an expert with reptiles she loved it as being very informative for amateur and expert