Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.49

on 13 October 2014
This book I recommend to all it has everything that anyone could ask for in a trilogy. The plot is a tight one inventive and holds the reader from the very first page. As for the story well in a sentence: A group of youngsters and a train hanging on for dear life run hide get chased alot by huge hounds hide a bit more learn to defend themselves fall in and out of love, loose a few, find some more ,fight some more, and oh they find a big someone too, loose a bit more and hope you have the picture! No ? well read the books they really are worth it although written for teens there is something to hold the interest of all ages. Did I say about the trains there's a few of those. But please ,Don't be tempted to try this one out at the tracks.

its make believe only!!!!!!
on 6 November 2014
Loved the tube riders - read the whole series and would love for there to be more. Great concept and vision of a dystopian future world. The characters are youngsters, but I didn't find it a problem relating to them at all.
on 27 May 2014
Well, I thought I'd read them all ... all the different types of post apocalyptic fiction there is to read, but I was wrong. These books are not only exceptionally well written, but the setting, the storyline and the characters are way up there in terms of uniqueness and believability, well, all except for the sci-fi aspect, which is just fine by me anyway.
The characters are flawed, three dimensional and it felt so easy to empathise with them, to live in their skins whilst reading their perilous lives and struggles. Brutal, yes, but not gratuitously so. Violent and bloody, but somehow so necessary to the tale.
Set in Britain for a change! As a Brit it is so good to read really, really good writing in this genre without the overwhelming feeling of being a stranger to the characters. Nothing against American authors as there are hordes which are brilliant, but I do tend to feel a bit of a stranger in a strange land when reading American fiction.
OK, in the third book the storyline may have lost a tiny bit of brilliance; maybe there was a bit of waffle, so to speak, and the end, well, endings are always hard when you've grown to identify and love a book's characters. You don't want to lose them, but you have to, and I suspect many authors are at somewhat of a loss as to how to say goodbye to their creations. It was OK though, and I was genuinely sorry to have finished the books. Now all I have to do is wait a year before I decide to read them again, which I shall surely do as all three are genuinely un-put-down-able.
on 23 April 2014
Gripping story line. Felt empathy with the characters even the "baddies" had redeeming traits. Very thought provoking . Makes you question how you would react in certain circumstances. Well written. Would definitely recommend to read. Not normally a fan of this genre but loved this!
on 21 March 2014
These are interesting stories. Imaginative and well written. I gave it 4 stars for the scope of the story and the interesting ideas. These books are full of original ideas. They do however flag in the middle and the chase across France goes on too long and the whole HALO story line I found uninteresting. But they are worth reading, but you may find yourself flicking through pages in the middle as there is yet again another chase scene and fight on the roof of the train. But recommended, they need polishing and editing, but I enjoyed them. They have the feel of a good movie as well, if tightened up and shortened. A must buy if you are into this sort of sci fi.
on 3 June 2015
I do love looking through the top 100 free books and occasional find a great read. It is not very often I buy the rest of the series but in this case I had to , to find out what was going to happen. Difficult to catergorise the book but it was certainly a thrilling read
on 12 April 2015
It eventually gets a little tiresome, and the element of YA can get a bit much (for a non-YA!), BUT its an interesting central concept, and that fresh idea is enough to ensure you'll happily finish the whole lot, even if you do start skim-reading a little more. I think its the romantic sub-plots and writing that veer closest to YA, and didn't sit so well with me, but that could reflect as much my own tastes.
I think from memory I encountered the 1st book as a giveaway or in a cheap comepndium, and was sufficiently hooked to pay for the rest. Across the complete trilogy its not quite 5*, but superior to the bulk of comparable Indie writing out there, and I certainly wouldn't rule out trying more of Ward's material.
on 2 November 2014
Excellent series. In some ways, similar to Hunger Games, but better, grittier and British! :-)
on 11 April 2015