on 8 April 2017
A lovely reading, made my son laugh out loud (which was my intention when i purchased the book). It is funny and a different twist from the story we all know. I would recommend it to anyone.
on 10 June 2017
Love it, really daft - bit American but still great for kids
on 9 August 2017
My year 1 class really enjoyed listening to this book and said it was one of their favourite books this year.
Great alternative stories to the traditional tales.
Inspired the class to be creative with their own story writing.
on 12 March 2017
Great Thank you
on 25 October 2014
It's a hilarious book. Written from the big bad wolf's point of view. It's fun and entertaining. I love this story and so do my kids! Very cleverly written!
on 16 May 2016
My 4 year old loves this book
on 19 April 2015
boring and unappealing pictures
on 29 September 2000
I read this book to a group of Year2 children (age 6-7), and they loved it. It is very very funny and the children and myself laughed right through it. Definately worth reading.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 April 2015
I cannot recommend this too highly. Get it along with his similar book, the Stinky Cheeseman. They are both brilliantly funny and perfectly pitched for young children.

The True Story of the Three Little Pigs has less of the Monty Python silliness than the Stinky Cheeseman but it has the bonus of a serious message - that an alternative perspective can often be surprising and illuminating.

One observation not all the reviewers have noted is that the quality of the writing is superb. Jon Scieszka has a talent with words that surpasses most children's authors.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 April 2015
I have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours, reading books aloud to children and this is one of my very favourite. It is very silly, utterly irreverent, and hilarious in a style similar to Monty Python. The quality of the writing is superb. It grabs you.

The idea that it is pitched to adults and teenagers is just not right. I have read it to young children with a range of ages and it has always gone down extremely well. When one of the children I had read it to became a primary school teacher, this was the first book she asked for.