on 25 February 2003
I received this book for my fourth birthday (I am now 23) and I still get excited when I hear the first line of this book:- "The trouble with Mum is the hat she wears." The illustrations are amazing and everytime you look at them, you will find something different, my favourite is the Dad in the pickle jar! It is a book that children love to read again and again and helps with the all important reading skills. I strongly recommend this excellent childrens book to all parents, aunts, uncles... ESPECIALLY MUMS!
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 January 2005
I bought this book hoping to entice my 8 year old to read more, as she is a very poor reader. IT WORKED. She sat and read it in moments and wanted more. It reminded me of the weasley family in harry potter books, I love to read their antics and this is the same. Adams family meet the weasleys. GOOD FUN. Will be buying the rest of them.
on 10 November 2006
I don't think this book ever made it to the US market (I read it as a child in Britsh parts of the Caribbean) but it was the funniest, most memorable book of my early childhood. The Trouble With Mum is one of the very few books on the market that satisfies children's desires for smart, subversive humor, and the prose is brilliant, almost lyrical. Twenty years later, I can still recite the text of the book, word for word. I'm 26 now, and I'm buying myself a copy--even though it's going to cost me a fortune to get it shipped from the UK. It's worth it! (I never even realized there were more books in the series. I may have to order those, too.)
on 31 May 2013
My whole family remember this book with great affection. Ask any of us and we'll say "The trouble with mum is the hat she wears..."

Unforgettable!
on 16 May 2013
I read this book at my Son's reading morning at School, we loved it, and was so pleased to find it on Amazon, we read it quite often and always enjoy it.
on 2 June 2014
Funny enjoyable amazing quite exciting wonderful met the author at the hay festival and she was definitely amazing and interesting
on 18 January 2013
there is a series of these books. A nice little read for the kids. A nice short story for the kids.
on 7 November 2015
Appeals to both genders and to parents with a bit of a wild side! Totally great!!!!
on 29 February 2016