Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 May 2005
My little girl loves all these books. They are light and easy to read, especially if your child is not an avid reader. I feel this little tale about a boy and his dad who makes robots is more suitable to the little boys out there.
on 3 February 2007
This is my sons' favourite in the 'Trouble With' series. the trouble with this dad is that he has such a boring job that he spends all his time in the shed making robots, and they all go wrong, with hilarious results. This reminds my sons of their own dad, who also spends a great deal of time in his workshop making things, though fortunately his don't generally go wrong. This book has a very satisfying happy ending, Dad gets to be rich and doesn't have to do his job any more, so he and his son can spend all their time making robots, while Mum lies on a recliner scoffing chocolate eclairs (i am still waiting for this to happen to us). The great thing about these books is that they are fun for the adults to read as well as the children, no matter how many times my sons want to listen to this story, I never get tired of reading it.
on 16 May 2013
I have The Trouble with Mum so bought this to go with if for my 4 year old, and he loves them, never bored reading them.
on 29 June 2015
Revisiting old childhood favourites with my toddler. Loved all the Babette Cole books as a child and still funny now.
on 18 January 2013
A nice little read for the kids. There is a series of these which are a great little read. Short and sweet.