Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 14 September 2016
I have always wanted to sit and watch this. I have always been fascinated by the bemuda triangle.
The story is listed as:
'When billionaire industrialist Eric Benirall (Sam Neill) starts losing expensive cargo ships in the area, he demands to know the truth. Assembling a team of experts, including sceptical reporter Howard Thomas (Eric Stoltz), ocean engineer Emily Patterson (Catherine Bell), pyschic Stan Lathem (Bruce Davison), and scientist Bruce Geller (Michael E. Rodgers), Benirall dispatches them to the ill-fated Bermuda Triangle to get to the bottom of the disappearances. When they are beset by increasingly bizarre and terrifying occurances, they start to believe they are dealing with something beyond human comprehension. But why is Benirall really so determined to find out the truth? And could the source of these bizarre events be connected to a US Navy experiment back in 1943? As the team race to solve the mystery, they are forced to change all their ideas about the nature of reality itself, and realise at the last minute that these events could spell disaster for the entire world.'

It sounds so basic but yes that is what it is. It is one of those series that you could sit and watch from beginning to end, you get enthralled in it. The actors include Sam Neill, Eric Stoltz and Catherine Bell. They are all great actors and they make the show what it is. I loved every minute of watching it and hopefully you will too!!
on 9 June 2012
Bought this item for my brother with an eye to swapping it for his spare copy of The Martian Chronicles and the other eye remembering watching it when it aired on the BBC many years ago, I thought nothing of it then, I had considered it a no-brainer.
We watched the whole thing straight through a couple of days back, as part of the negotiations for the proposed exchange. I found myself enthralled and deeply embarassed for the tale that unfolded was not the one I remembered watching on the TV before.

Triangle is a quality production of both cast (Ok I did yell devils-son at Sam Neil's appearance but I was referring to his Merlin role, not the Damien Thorn) and CGI that handles a much loved and very mythologised mystery with energy and originality. It even offers something that most films that cover the subject of HI-NRG translocations and disappearances categorically refuse to do, a solution and a conclusion. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it tries to answer any questions, it doesn't but the writers have utilised all the folklore of the Bermuda Triangle and The Philadephia 'Project Rainbow' Experiment thrown in some Star-Trekian sci-fi concepts, multiverses, multiple-probability pathways and Slidersesque parallel worlds. Fictionalising it all with compelling story-telling effect.

It is unfortunate that my brother agreed to the exchange, well now it is anyway. Sure I can put 'The Martian Chronicles' in the DVD cabinet but . . .I want it now.
If I can distract him long enough I might reverse the exchange, I just have to pick my moment. That or I could buy another . . .this requires some reflection!
on 28 June 2011
Thoroughly enjoyed this, there were no obvious corny bits or stupid mistakes that i find so annoying and spoil the enjoyment of a film/programme - you know- technologically advanced department in charge of fighting the supernatural but cant afford a mobile phone - which i found in other shows - but not this, it had my attention from start to finish and was well acted and had lots of times when the viewer has to think.

Highly recommend - if you like the things i like of course - sliders, star trek, firefly, time travel and paradox films...
on 27 December 2011
Just bought it on the off chance. I was quite surprised. I watched the first two discs on the first night, and was eagerly awaiting watching the final episode the following night.

It's a good film with great CGi with a good story line with fine actors.

I really enjoyed the six hours of entertainment.And for the price an absolute bargain.
on 1 September 2017
Returned wrong region.
on 22 December 2012
A bit all over the place I thought - hard to follow in parts. Hammy acting and rather winy self indulgent characters who I gradually grew to dislike and not care about. CGI effects mixed bag too. Expected more but the price was keen and so acceptable. Sam Neil was wasted in his role.
on 9 August 2017
Brilliant watch
on 28 August 2017
A watchable series, nothing more
on 18 August 2006
"The Triangle" is the story of a team of researchers, paid to investigate the truth behind the legends of the Bermuda Triangle. In doing so they become wrapped up in a time-continuum and get glimpses of what caused the triangle and its future - but can they escape to get the word out before disaster strikes on a much larger scale?

The story begins in a format similar to "Species" where a varied multi-disciplined team are brought together to trace the missing craft that have vanished over the triangle. It even features a psychic, a-la 'Species', with almost exactly the same role; i.e. witnessing the scene of a bloodbath and muttering "I sense that something happened here" and other pointless contributions.

Despite this opening, I became more and more gripped with "The Triangle". It's a fast moving story, perhaps a little too over-loaded in places, however it contains so many interesting events and encounters that it's a very motivating piece.

These elements include what happens to a triangle survivor when he arrives home after his stay in hospital. His wife picks him up and he comments casually that he thought he remembered the car being blue. That's just the tiny beginning of the powerful anaomalies he experiences, and I won't spoil it by saying any more here.

Similar things happen to the research team, and the plot twists and turns, paradoxes are created, and as the watcher one begins to feel their panic and frustration as events unfold.

Needless to say there are lots of references to the associated "Philadelphia Experiment" and one minor irritation was the word "electro-magnetic" being bandied around vaguely and constantly throughout the film in a pseudo-scientific kind of way.

Overall, though, a great story of the paranormal, over three parts on two disks.
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 January 2010
Diverging realities, multiple universes, anachronistic anomalies, to name but a few. This mini-series very neatly ties in lots of ideas and theories at a pace that is almost real-time. Some questions inevitably remain unanswered because no-one can possibly know the answer but the phenomena are laid out before us in a feast of conjecture wherein lives are touched and the senses stretched to breaking point. I love science-fiction but I am very fussy about what I watch, however, I shall certainly cherish this series !