Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 January 2014
I have the first edition of this book, and it has been of such a great value. While I am not working in the concert business, that is where I have dreamed of being for a long time. So when I realized that there was a newer, a second edition, of this book, There wasn't really a question about whether or not to get it. Though I did question it and sent the author an email about whether or not to get it. Short story: I do have the second edition also.

While I can't really pinpoint what is different in the newer book, I can tell you that it is THE book to get if you have any questions about the concert world from any other point of view than the audience. I own a few different books about the subject, but whenever there's something I think to my self "Oh, I wonder how that works" or "What is the best way to do that" or "What to do when", I pick up this book and find the answer.

The book is perfectly laid out, an easy and fun read cover to cover as well as looking up specific parts.
on 9 April 2013
This book has and will help me throughout the rest of my masters course. I have used to understand most of the workings of a tour and I highly recommend this to any student or to any one that has an interest in the live touring circuit.
The only problem that this book has like many others, is the speed and constant development of technology that simply can not be updated on a regular basis. So looking at guitar technology and how much that has evolved even within the past few months, these published books cant not be updated to match that.