on 24 June 2017
Without a doubt, my sons favourite book. He is 15 months old and has two shelves of books, but this is the one he chooses time and time again. I literally read it about 20 times in the day and his other books might get 1 or 2 reads (my boy is book obsessed at the moment). When we first got it I didn't think it was anything special, it's a nice enough book, but didn't think it was particularly appealing. However since my boy has brought it time and time again I've grown to love it too. The flaps used to be quite discreet so hard for littleuns to find at first, but that adds to the fun of finding the Tickle Monster (ours stick out now after loads of opening). He quickly learnt where the Tickle Monster hides and goes for him straight away when turning the page to get another tickle. There isn't much story, but we make our own fun instead. There are lots of lovely animals to identify, count and make the noise of, and of course finding the Tickle Monster. My sons little face when he finds the Tickle Monster and knows he's going to get a tickle is priceless and worth 5 stars in itself. :)
on 26 March 2017
My 2 yrs old grandson loves this book. He quickly learnt where the tickle monster is on every page and goes straight to that flap in eager anticipation of a tickle. So he doesn't appreciate the rhymes yet really but the laughs we have with it have earned it 5 stars
on 23 June 2017
We love this book, we have both the paperback and board book as we all get so excited when reading this book. A favourite book that my toddlers have loved since first reading it at 18months old! Lovely illustrations and brilliant hidden flaps! we know the story off by heart but still read it like its new!
on 5 March 2017
A lovely book, my little toddler loves it. The story itself is the right length for him to stay interested until the end. Would definitely recommend.
on 5 May 2017
I was a bit disappointed with this book. I based my purchase on all the good reviews but as I just saw somebody mentioned previously it is actually quite chaotic to read. Not that funny either. My little boy has zero interest in it but he is still a bit young.
Maybe I haven't quite got it, hence why I have still rated it 3 stars.
on 17 September 2017
Bought this for my 17 month grandson. It is a fabulous book with lots and lots of things to do in it and fun tickle story line. Unfortunately not suitable for 17 months as too much to grab and tear, but his 3 year old brother absolutely loves it and demands it every night.
on 15 September 2017
My 12 month old LOVES this book. Similar to another reviewer, when we first got it, I wasn't too taken with it however without fail, my daughter selects it from the bookcase and brings it over. She's a bit quick to find the tickle monster now so we don't read much of the rest of the pages but she loves doing it over and over. Wish there was another couple of tickle monster books!
on 11 July 2017
So my 2year old likes the bits where she gets tickled and she likes flaps- what 2 year old doesn't! but there's not much of a story to this and it cant decide if its rhyming or not. its a bit chaotic to be honest so I don't like it. its got a lot of potential but it doesn't deliver.
on 30 October 2016
Great story but the flaps and pully pages are really stiff and rip and tear really easily. Won't last long without tearing which is a shame as a nice book
on 29 April 2017
My little boy likes this book and enjoys opening each flap as we read through the book.