on 11 September 2017
Fascinating stuff. Really enjoyed the book.
on 29 May 2017
excellent
on 14 August 2009
This book first caught my attention due to my interest in climbing munros and the great outdoors. I also love watching extreme sport programmes and exploration. This book is a must for people with the same interests as myself. It is comforting to know that if we are ever pushed beyond our limits then there may be someone there to help us. John Geiger gives you the facts and lets you decide for yourself. The book gives every conceivable aspect of these encounters. One minute I believed it was all in the mind due to severe fatigue, altitude, extreme cold, isolation,starvation and any other combination. Then I believed that there really is something else beyond our imagination. It made me think and argue it out. How are some saved and some die in the same situations. I prefer to believe that there is another person with us in times of severe trial - a Third Man. Enjoy. The book was £5 cheaper from Amazon and arrived within 2 days of ordering.
on 23 July 2009
The Third Man is a magnificent little compendium of amazing, sometimes hair raising occurrences. Very well researched,the writer manages to create a real sense of awe, and I often found myself 'living' these odd moments, 'frozen' in time. Ideal holiday matter, for those with the kids.
on 2 April 2011
A fascinatingly bizarre book. Do we all have an angel watching over us in our time of need? Or is it just a trick of the brain?
on 26 July 2009
I was left disappointed through not having been taken, in depth, through the experiences of the various subjects who had been in contact with the "Third Man"enigma. I wanted to know more of the situation and the experience of the subjects, what they thought and felt at the time and after on reflection. Analysis, comparison and conjecture would have been interesting across people and there experiences where survival made it possible.
on 26 January 2010
This book has been of great interest to me. i saw it advertised in the Daily Mail wherein an excerpt from it was printed. My only downside was, although there were a few stories here and there about aircraft fliers, and sailors, all the stories seemed to be about the arctic/antarctic, and climbing. And of course,these places do have extreme weather conditions.I did however,thoroughly enjoy the book, and there were some nail biting stories to be told. My own belief is that all of these people were visited by their Guardian Angels, in their desparate time of need. I do not think for one moment it was all in their imagination.How can all of those people have the same experience, in different places, and different times.I believe that there is far more out there than we will ever comprehend, and I also believe that we all have Guides beside us through life, and when the going gets really tough, they are there,and our faith in what we believe in comes to fruition.All in all a good read, with enough interest to keep you turning the pages.
on 24 September 2015
Incredible book. I read it years ago and could never forget it. I tried to order it and had no success until now. If you are interested in the unexplained and spiritual mysteries this book is captivating. Angel visitations with a twist. Extreme environments, hopeless situations and completely unfathomable events -I won't spoil it! Just buy it, its amazing.
on 6 August 2009
This book has strengthened a belief I already held, that there is someone or something that come to your aid in extreme circumstances and stays with you until you are safe.
on 3 March 2016
Riveting book, great survival tales, very interesting to read about the third man psychological phenomena so many people describe