on 21 January 2014
The Telegraph Cryptic Crosswords are my favourites so I`m so pleased that they have brought out new books at last. Having said that it`s so long since I did the old ones that I could do the originals over again. My new one is Book 3 so I`ll be ordering Books 1 & 2. If you`ve never done cryptic crosswords & it may take you while to get into them but it`s well worth it. The Telegraph publishes a book called `How To Crack a Cryptic Crossword`, it is available on Amazon for those who need help getting into them. I learnt when working for a company that ordered The Telegraph everyday, at the end of the working day we could take it home. 3 of us used to do the crossword between us on the journey home. From that time I was hooked. Great for keeping the brain active. Highly recommended.
on 20 August 2013
How do you review a crossword book? Presumably, if you were looking for crosswords and the book was full of cartoons then you'd be pretty disappointed. And I guess, if you were looking for cartoons and discovered it was full of crosswords you'd also be pretty disappointed (but you'd also have proved yourself to be pretty stupid and therefore your opinion wouldn't matter to anyone).

Happily, I wanted crosswords. I specifically wanted cryptic crosswords. And I wanted them to be compiled by the people who compile The Daily Telegraph cryptic crosswords.

Against these criteria, the book scores three for three. Therefore, I am a cartoon-free happy bunny and the book gets five stars....
on 19 January 2018
Excellent bought for Christmas puzzling or when you have a spare minute or two
on 18 March 2018
excellent
on 20 December 2012
It is my husband who enjoys the cryptic crosswords, I think he has probably gone through all the others and each time a new one comes out, he buys it, therefore, he must like doing them very much. He does only buy the Telegraph books
on 9 September 2015
Keeps my wife quiet, must be good
on 12 December 2013
UP TO THE TELEGRAPH'S USUAL STANDARD
JUST THE RIGHT DIFFICULTY LEVEL FOR ME
I ALWAYS REMOVE THE SOLUTION PAGES
AS SOON AS I GET IT
on 9 July 2015
Great fun as always
on 4 March 2015
Brilliant as always but very addictive
on 25 February 2017