on 2 November 2015
I did end up enjoying this book, but it took me a very long time to get into it. It's quite disjointed both in terms of narrators and timeline and it took a considerable amount of effort to keep up for the first half of the book. To the point where I actually gave up, eventually picking it up again when I'd run out of other books to read.

The cast is huge and some characters have similar names, I just struggled to keep up with the storyline.

Really enjoyed the story in the end, but certainly took a lot of concentration to keep up in the beginning. Perhaps its just me!
on 1 April 2017
This is my third read of this extremely thought provoking and emotive book. Mr Zander is a true wordsmith. I know I'll read it again.

Jacquie
on 22 December 2014
A fast-paced 21st-century European thriller. One of the bad guys is a PR lobbyist in Brussels, which is great. The writing, and the translation presumably, are quite wonderful in places. The characters are just weird enough to be interesting, but not so weird they are cartoons. There is a little too much desperate running around for my taste, but I have given it 5 stars, because it is a desperate running-around thriller.
on 7 April 2017
was quite good for a freebie
on 26 March 2017
I found it very difficult to get in to & nearly gave up on it a couple of times. About 3/4 of the way through it livened up & got interesting
on 19 March 2017
I enjoyed the book very much! Kept full of surprises and action. Well written and well formed characters helped the enjoyment!
on 21 October 2016
Never arived.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 August 2015
3.5 stars. Overall The Swimmer is an intriguing read. It does jump around a bit which did make it a bit difficult to keep up with but otherwise I enjoyed it.
on 8 February 2015
Very happy with it.
on 2 September 2014
Good quality, poetic writing, intricate plot. Enjoyable read.