on 17 August 2013
What I like about this book is that the author practices what she teaches. She has walked the path she presents and gives you new ways of looking at how to work in the 21st Century along with practical techniques, advice and useful web links to explore further. If you like the four hour work week, this book is your next step, going deeper into the how.

The author not only presents an exciting vision of how things can be when embracing this new way of thinking and working, but also how to live it daily with all the practical mundane aspects. She presents a structure to help you build a business around your lifestyle. It's not enough to have a dream, without a working business model in place to support such dreams.

I'm only half way through the book and finding it useful. Even if you don't want to travel and live out of a suitcase, the information can give you the freedom to work from home or your local cafe or what ever way rocks your boat. Well worth the read and value for money too. For the price of a couple of coffee's, you get lots of interesting, useful information, advice and inspiration.

Last comment:
Read with a highlighter, lots of bits that you will want to mark.
on 8 October 2013
I was a little concerned that this book may not be particularly relevant to me being as I don't want to travel but I was very wrong! This book really helps you focus on what you want from life not just from your business. Most business books I've read focus on what you want from your business but this book made me take a step back and think about what I really want in life and how I can make my business fit around that.

By the time I got to the end of the first section I had already made a life changing decision thanks to the advice in this book. It made me realise there was nothing stopping me from achieving my goals now instead of putting them off until the future. It feels like up until now I have been living for the business but now I'm going to focus more on life and work the business around that.

There's also a brilliant range of useful links which help with all aspects of running a business, and help you streamline your processes. I'm glad I bought the Kindle version as I could click straight through to the sites mentioned. I will certainly be exploring them further.

The last section focused more on people who want to travel but I still found it interesting and picked up a couple of tips for when I next go on holiday. But even if that section is not relevant to you it is worth the money for the rest of the book. The most inspiring business book I've ever read.
on 25 December 2013
Provides excellent tips about how to set up a location independent digital "freedom" business. The book includes concrete recommendations on how to find your niche customer, companies to work with in setting up your business and outsourcing non core work, making money from your email list and how to generate profits from passive and active revenue streams. It also has an honest and non-idealistic discussion on the realities of leading a nomadic lifestyle - being quite open about the fact that it is not for everyone. Has got me raring to go and start my website!
on 9 December 2016
I can't believe I haven't already written a review on here, I bought the first edition back in 2013 when it was first published and I'm ALWAYS encouraging friends, family and colleagues to buy this book! Why? Because it's really that good; the value for the price is amazing. Not only is the book easy to read and full of practical advice and inspiration, that purchase back in 2013 opened my eyes to the possibilities of building a freedom based business and introduced me to Natalie's valuable free content; from videos, podcasts and blog posts and paid offerings, which have continued to inspire me and encouraged me to take action.

Natalie is down-to-earth and incredibly likeable and I admire her open approach and transparency about her experiences in business as well as her adventurous approach to life. She tells it like it is; no fake promises about get rich quick schemes and certainly no cookie-cutter approach to building one type of business. If you are looking to change your lifestyle and have more freedom to do the things you want, this book is the perfect place to start.
on 28 December 2013
Whilst it may appear that the book is written for 20 something nomadic entrepreneurs who like to mix business with travel, in reality the book appeals to any small businesses owner looking to leverage tech, outsourcing and systems to grow their business. It is even relevant to the corporate nomad who travels a lot on business, with tonnes of useful advice on working from anywhere.

The Suitcase Entrepreneur picks up a core theme of a The a Four a Hour Work a Week which is using tools and systems to allow you to work from anywhere.

Whilst full of interesting case studies and anecdotes from the author, the real value is in the carefully curated resources and tools linked to throughout the book, which you will find yourself reaching for again and again.

Make sure you book mark well!
on 11 June 2014
I’d read many books before on how to have a location independent career and how to work while on the road. I’d become disillusioned really and wasn’t sure that *I* had the right skills needed to work online.

A friend sent me details of Natalie’s book, knowing I was looking for a location independent career, and I wondered if it would just be the same sort of thing, but I gave it a go. I was at a stage where I knew that I needed to take action, but I was still floundering about where to start.

I have to say that I loved it. Natalie is extremely likeable in her approach to everything, but what I found the most help was her strategy to launch a business on a very limited budget. I actually followed her advice and got mine going. That was just the start of course and the hard work continues, but I am reaping the benefits of this great book. It also led me to Natalie’s podcast and website so I continue to be inspired and motivated along!

Kirsty Bartholomew - Untrapped Life
on 11 December 2015
I've followed Natalie for 5 years as she has grown her online business. The quality of the information she gives is always very high, she's professional and never stops pushing herself or her tribe to grow and keep on top of their game. This book captures her story and is jam packed with value. She's very warm, approachable and walks the talk. She has already inspired so many to change their lives and follow a location independent lifestyle
on 4 February 2015
Having read a few of these "get rich, live the life you want and now pay for my lifestyle through my products" type books this one is genuine in its intentions. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It does take several read-through's to get that the author is genuinely trying to support you and telling it how it is - good and crucially the bad part of living out of a suitcase while trying to make a living in the world.

This is most evident through the sheer number of resources are listed at the back.

Another thing I found refreshing was that unlike other similar books it doesn't leave you hanging and expecting you to now buy the real information through sequels or online stuff - it gives you all you need, but obviously the author has to make a living and there are other products available if you wish to follow up.

A great inspirational read, but as always, it's easy to take a horse to water but it's up to the reader to follow through with the inspiration this book tries to give.
on 28 May 2015
"You have the right to live your life how you want to, without sitting in endless meetings, getting stuck in long commutes and having to be in one location in order to run a successful business and ultimately to enjoy their life" - page 291.

The Suitcase Entrepreneur is a highly knowledgeable and actionable guide detailing the logistics on how to go about unleashing your entrepreneurial spirit and building it into a profitable online business that you can continue to run while travelling the world.

The book's real value comes from the personal insights that Natalie Sisson provides from her own experiences of establishing herself and travelling the world as a suitcase entrepreneur. These insights gain added weight from the many anecdotes and factoids Natalie has included from other suitcase entrepreneurs who have achieved likewise success.

My only complaint about the book (hence the four out of five stars) is that the presentation is a bit shoddy in some places: the cover's image is of a low resolution that makes it appear pixelated and the interior could use another thorough proof reading. I understand that this is a self-published book, but there are many self-published books that are of an exceptionally superior quality, so its self-published status is not an excuse. However, if you are happy to look past these shortcomings and just want access to the knowledge within (as I did), then these few faults do not detract from the book's larger value.

Ultimately, this book is very much a step-by-step guide that can be used to establish yourself as a suitcase entrepreneur or just an entrepreneur who operates in a single location (just don't read act three of the book). Be sure to make many notes, annotations and bookmarks while reading this book as you will be referencing its insights while you continue to grow your own entrepreneurial presence.

Keep The Suitcase Entrepreneur handy, as it will become your new bible!
on 8 August 2013
As I'm already in business but want to free up more time, Natalie in her introduction suggests to skip to the second section which I found super useful in learning in more detail how to approach getting my first VA (which has been on my to do list for too long). However I actually read straight through the book and was glad I did as Natalie's personal story from corporate world to adventure seeker and successful entrepreneur is one of the best out there, love the risk taking based on a strong gut feel. There's also a ton of value in the section on how to find your sweet spot which talks about focusing on what you enjoy, what you're best at and who you can help (your audience) - solid advice for anyone starting out as well as existing entrepreneurs looking to move from services to products.