on 18 October 2013
As a PGA professional and BASEs probational sports psychologist this text gave me guidance and vision on how to deal with everyday problems I occur with my golfers. It enabled me to work more efficiently with my clients by having clear and precise fixes for the golfers to practice. I have been able to also pass on the messages in the text due to the explanation and user friendly manner in which they are written. There is no text like this out on the market at the moment; which gives you, on course strategy, effective pre-shot routines, self-efficacy in game and coping under competitive pressure. I particular enjoyed the ratings of golf ball and flag at the top of each fix, which shows the golfer; how common is the fault and how difficult to fix, this I believe gives the golfer a reassurance that they are not alone in there faults.

A must for all golf coaches, golfers and enthusiasts in the game.
on 27 September 2013
I'm a 12 handicap golfer and suffer from all the little frustrations that most club golfers have. Practicing brilliantly on the range and then have a disaster from hole 1 onwards, missing the shortest of putts, getting so nervous I lose focus, worrying about what others think, letting one bad shot lead to a string of others...

All common problems but I found this little book of simple tips a real help. It's not about techniques of hitting or putting. It's about you and how to deal with the mental part of the game including the impact of others such as slow players....None of the advice is rocket science and not every suggestion will work for everyone but I fully recommend it. The top golfers are not just technically brilliant they are mentally very strong. My aim is to spend more time on dealing with the mental part of my game (e.g using routines before I start to ease my nerves and give me more of a sense of control). Try it!
on 28 September 2013
I really liked 'The Successful Golfer' as it gives clear and practical ways in which to combat those fears and anxieties experienced on the golf course by us all. As a PGA Professional, I find a lot of the golfers that I teach can hit the ball really well on the range but struggle to really improve and shoot the scores they should on the golf course- i.e. reach their potential. Their mind is holding them back. 'The Successful Golfer' is structured in a way in which it is easy to find what fault you have or may have and gives a clear practical fix.

Moreover, I really enjoyed reading the quotes from the worlds best players in each section.

A must read for all golfers looking to improve the mental side of their game and play better golf.

Mike Patterson
PGA Professional
on 2 July 2014
Very helpful book with the bonus of being able to select specific topics .