Customer reviews

The Stranger in the Shed
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 October 2013
Rory is a very bright and articulate 11 year old who doesn't get on with his peers. It doesn't help that his father is a celebrity chef and his mother has left the family home. His older sister is studying psychology and seems to want to analyse him! Nobody seems to understand how Rory is feeling - certainly not his school fellows. Then he meets Angus. Not just a stranger but very strange. He understands Rory in a way nobody else does, but he also infuriates him. We come to see both Rory and Angus in a new light as this charming story progresses.

The tale is a quick read for an adult but contains a lot of wisdom. Don't dismiss it because it's for young people. It's very well written and whips along at a good pace. I enjoyed this very much!
on 18 July 2015
Nicola Palmer writes children's books. I like reading Nicola Palmer's stories. I'm not a (young) child.

Again, this is a fab story from this author. There's an underlying story about bullying, but it's more about friendship. Is smelly Angus real or imaginary? Is Angus' world real or imaginary? Does it matter to Rory when he's ignored by just about everyone else?

Even though this is aimed at 10 year olds, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 12 October 2013
Once again Nicola Palmer has presented us with a simply stunning book. I won't spoil the story by telling you all about it, but suffice to say, I had one when I was lonely and yes, I still make use of it now.
Thank you Nicola, a truly moving story that resonates with this reader .......