on 27 September 2017
Great book that explains simply, a complex part of history. Bought for my 10 year old as she is studying WW1 in school. Learned a lot myself too despite it being a quick read. The sort of book to enjoy first before searching out more detailed facts elsewhere perhaps. I only wish Mr Brassey had also tackled WW2!
on 5 September 2015
This book is illustrated with beautiful colour portraits depicting life during WW1 with attached captions detailing the story in basic honest information. Good for children's first introductions to war and what is involved. Minimum words. The artwork is the basis of this short story. Very Basic.
on 29 May 2017
My son is 10 years old and had to take a book to school on World War One , this is a great book with good illustrations. Any child would understand it.
on 22 October 2017
This is a cracking wee book. Perfect for my bairn in p6. Informative yet not too intense.
on 16 January 2015
Could be interesting, but pictures and stories too small for Kindle.
on 30 October 2014
Having 12 grandchildren, of which four are studying WW1 during the current term, I bought a copy so that I could advise them. I enjoyed the clear way in which this complicated and inane war is described, and I learnt (at the age of 75) some important facts that explained things that I have never understood. The book has only 24, illustrated pages, but it is so good that I have sent copies to the four grandchildren concerned with the history.
on 26 August 2014
Another great book for younger people about WW1, all ages really, great pictures and wonderful to read. As with a few of my other reviews, this was part of our Church WW1 display.
on 22 May 2015
I bought this as my five year old boy was asking a lot about his Great GF (who fought WW2) and his Great-Great GF who fought WW1.

He loves this book. It illustrates many of the things I had described to him, and very much more. It isn't gory, but isn't wishy-washy either. It's not a subject matter you would give a 5yr old free reign to explore, but this book handles the subject perfectly. The illustrations are very good.

I'd recommend it for any inquisitive youngster! And while they're out, you can brush up on the facts you should - but don't - know about the Great War...!
on 7 October 2014
For grandsons school project, plenty of interesting facts presented in away to keep a child interested.
on 2 August 2014
A brilliant book that explains the 1st World War to children without being too gory. Very well illustrated and full of facts and key points. It arrived well packaged and arrived prompt.