Customer reviews

Every night I am reading a chapter of "The story of the world" to my 6 year old son. He loves it and so do I. It is written to be read aloud, as well as alone, and it is history properly explained but not dumbed down. This activity book accompanies that book and it is huge - great value and great activities. I would recommend starting with the actual reading book, obviously, but I would think it is a winner for anyone home schooling for example. I love all her books and so does my son.
on 12 May 2014
The activity book accompanies the originaly book. It has good handson activity plus other reading suggestions which cuts down on research time.
on 26 February 2015
We started reading SOTW without using this resource book but after chapter 6 or 7 I decided to take the plunge and invest in this book and I'm so glad I did! There are reading comprehension questions, map work, colouring pages, arts and craft activities, narration exercises and further reading suggestions (admittedly the books are almost impossible to find in the UK). This has solidified our learning so much that my daughter can now remember the stories weeks later.
on 29 July 2011
Myself and my children love this book. We use the cd's to listen to the stories then use the activity book for our history lessons. This is a great resource for any home educators who want to learn history from the beginning of time and enjoy making things and bringing history to life. I have just ordered our third book now can't wait to start it with the children. Great Book and great seriesThe Story of the World: Ancient Times - Activity Book One: Ancient Times Bk. 1The Story of the World: Middle Ages - from the Fall of Rome to the Rise of the Renaissance v. 2: History for the Classical Child (Story of the World: History for the Classical Child)The Story of the World: Ancient Times v. 1: History for the Classical Child (Story of the World: History for the Classical Child)The Story of the World: Middle Ages - From the Fall of Rome to the Rise of the Renaissance v. 2: History for the Classical Child (Story of the World: History for the Classical Child)!!!
on 21 February 2013
This is a fantastic book, with lots of good ideas for activities, mostly using things that are easily available. There are page references for more advanced students to do extra reading.
on 12 January 2016
Love it, really enjoying the text, which is accessible for young ones as well as interesting for older ones! Great thanks!