VINE VOICEon 28 October 2014
The fanstatic new camera comes with very little in the way of help with operations. Yes there is an online instruction manual which tells you which button does what and if you can follow the text where to change operations and features. BUT it does not help you get into the best ways of handling this rather complicated and sophisticated camera, THIS book does, it leads you through the cameras buttoms and menus In an understandable and easily readable way. It is the type of book/manual that can either be read from cover to cover or dipped into as required. I use in as a reference book. I could have eventually worked out and got used to my new camera, but this book cut down the learning curve considerably. In my opinion a must have book with the Sony A7/A7E camera.
on 1 February 2015
Has all the information you need, although you have to look hard for some fundamentals.. I got the impression they were camera snobs and that only the most expensive accessories were worth procuring.
on 13 April 2015
Very good
on 21 July 2014
Delivers exactly what it states it sets out to do. An invaluable book that delivers so much information about the camera that I didn't know about. I thoroughly recommend this book to all new owners of the Sony a7 or a7R
on 7 September 2014
A clear, easy to follow walk through the controls and functions of the A7 / A7r. The A7 was my first Sony camera and I found the book to be a great help in making sense of a new system.
on 28 July 2016
I should have known better but cheaped-out and bought the Kindle e-book - no index!! Chapter headings only. Still, it got me started with the apparent complexities of the A7R for the information is concise and solid stuff, though, with little or no waffle of, say, the Scott Kelby variety which is a blessing. But navigating a technical index'less ebook is just as time wasting and irksome as any tome by Kelby.
Whilst tapping this diatribe out on the mac I had another peek into Kindle to check my facts and discovered I couldn't open this book and was instructed to remove the book from the mac and download it again! That and another instructional book upon the depths of Adobe's Lightroom. What's going on? Could it have been the last OSX update I wonder? My other e-books appear to be okay.
on 23 August 2014
It tells you all you need to know about the camera and also suggests ways to 'personalise' the settings that have been found useful by the authors. Some impracticalities of the default settings are explained.
on 9 October 2015
Bought this for my son who had just got an A7. Seemed very comprehensive and I couldn't see a reason why the answer to anything he needed to know about the camera couldn't be found in this book.
on 3 April 2016
An excellent, informative guide to the a7. Full of relevant information and explanations of many of the more obscure menu items and functions which are less than intuitive or obvious. It's a complex camera with so many options that I needed a book like this to assist me. I give it 4 rather than 5 stars because of some poor editing and rather too many mistakes in the text. Hopefully should be better in a second edition.
on 15 February 2015
A well written book full of precise information seems to be geared towards the first-time user but the information requires some previous knowledge of cameras and photography. A worth while book for getting through the complexities of this (these) cameras.