on 9 May 2008
The collection of "The Ancient Fantasy" series will take both adults and children into a world of folklore of long ago. In another time and country. My grandson's and myself have been reading this series and we have all enjoyed what we have read so far. We have just finished up reading "The Songs of Power". The front and back covers are enchanting. Brandon and Johnny love them. In their own words "They are Awesome". I am always delighted when we finish a book and they look again at the covers and they recognize some of the characters.

As a mom it was important to me to teach my children to enjoy reading. As a grandma I truly love to love to teach my grandchildren to enjoy literature. I highly recommend the whole series to to parents, grandparents, children and adults.

We have just finished reading "The Songs of Power" when Brandon said "Grandma my teacher says poems are just songs". So we read this book in different ways many times. We each read it to our own beats. We even tried to sing it. We each chose a song we knew and changed out the words to fit this book. I am so glad there was no one around to hear us. It is something only a grandparent could love.

I am so proud when I see the light of understanding in their eyes shine bright. Or when they have read a part without mistakes. What a blessing that is.

Mr. Shepard you are helping children to develop their own imaginations. These books hae taken my grandsons away from their video and dvd games they keep here, and that is quite an accomplishment. Especially in the world we live in now.

When I first told them I had some books coming that I thought they would enjoy was a mistake on my part. Everyday until the books arrive I was asked if I had checked my po box that day. When the books finally arrived I waited and let them open the box. We looked at the books and then at each other and knew these books would be different than any we had read before.

Thank you once again and as my grandsons say this is another five star book. They think your books get better and better as they read each one. I say their minds have opened up more and more.

Sandra Heptinstall
Brandon Heptinstall
Johnny Heptinstall
on 2 March 2014
This is one of his older books, but still great. Picked it up for my PaperWhite and couldn't be happier. He's always been a great writer and this is no exception. Enjoyed the unique tale told with poetry and song. I still can't pronounce the character names, but I'm trying. I've enjoyed his Ancient Fantasy series books a lot. Great cover, too.
on 10 April 2015
Kalebala in English. Good stuff, little known over here. Stories of wonderful heroes of the North - Leminkainen most memorable among them.
on 26 July 2014
This book is very in my opinion and it took me a long time to read the words because some of them were quite comlacated
on 16 November 2015
Intresting book, pleased to have read this.