on 6 January 2011
I've been keeping up with social media for a few years now and this is the first book I've found that comprehensively brings most of the aspects together. It is a hefty book and it needs to be - the changes in online marketing over the last few years have been numerous, technically, strategically and tactically. This book attempts to, mostly successfully, cover it all.
I especially like the time taken to help the reader understand the roots and current implementation of technology e.g. podcasting, the rise of iTunes etc. Marketers today need to have a deeper understanding of the various tools they have to use in their roles and it helps to have some background in order to make better decisions when selecting tools for certain campaigns.
Also useful are the interviews, available to download, of marketers using social media successfully in various market sectors.
on 30 October 2015
Although it contains some good ideas, its overall a very basic explanation of social media. I found it far more beneficial simply reading the action guide set out at the end of each chapter and some of the case studies.
In order to fully appreciate this book you need to have absolutely no understanding of social media at all.
on 13 December 2010
I bought the 2nd edition of this book and I found it really boring and not helpful at all.
Far to many pages (800) of bla bla bla on the subject in a way that made me sleep while reading the book.
I would not recommend this book at all.
The only reason I give 2 stars if for the amazon service.
on 26 March 2014
Very well written and also very interesting. I recommend to read it to thse that want to improve their business through social media!
on 24 April 2014
Good book with relevant practical examples in to help you with your business in todays market place. A lot of the examples would be better if academically referenced though
on 14 December 2016
Useful book
on 19 June 2013
I was looking for a guise to help me develop our social media strategy - this does exactly that, and very well.
on 4 November 2012
Probably the most boring and rambling book on the subject of social media. Lots of wasted pages devoted to barcodes for your smart phone! Avoid!
on 13 July 2013
anyone who is anyone needs this, especially if you are in business other wise you are truly stuck. New age.
on 17 August 2012
"The Social Media Bible" was bought as a present for my partner. From the look of sheer amazement and delight on tearing away the wrapping paper, I can say it was the perfect choice! The format, also available as an eBook, is well-structured and indexed. Easy to read with clear and concise explanations and examples! Great Buy!