Customer reviews

The Slaver Wars: First Strike
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.20

on 7 May 2017
Such an amazing read! Couldn't put my kindle down, highly recommend this series. Detailed battles. Made up the we got our revenge.
on 27 June 2017
Excellent read. Would recommend to all sci-fi addicts. I found it hard to put down as the story moved at a good pace and seldom got bogged down.
on 2 June 2017
A good read
on 19 November 2013
Excellent series of books, I can't wait for the next instalment. If you are a fan of space battles and sci fi look no further than this writer.
on 6 January 2015
excellent
on 7 March 2017
Another great story in this series. Each one better than the last. Absolutely unsustainable. Ready to read the next in the series.
on 15 April 2017
Fantastic read. As you progress through the series it gets better and better. You become attached to the Federation and want to know more.
on 28 February 2014
Just finished this and book three and already downloaded book five.

A great read with all the elements you need for classic sci fi, goodies, baddies, heroes, villains, romance (thankfully in small doses) and a little bit of humour.

Also he way it's written doesn't come over all high techy and daft, you can imagine the weapons as slightly advanced from what we have now which to me makes more sense than describing something implausible.

Very good read, page turning adventure stuff just like it should be, well done and keep them coming.
on 25 April 2015
Really great,exciting, page turning stuff. Have now read all so far of this series and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The only tiny minus aspect is perhaps the occasional romantic element but then that's me being an old fogey! Also, a wee bit grating again is the American obsession with big busts and accentuated female "cod" lips, eg. Even the artificial female intelligences create these for themselves - so that the male human crew members will ogle them???! Just a small additional point from a retired English teacher - perhaps a proof reader should have more carefully perused the pages as there are occasional errors such as "by" instead of the correct "my" , and semantic errors, eg, "interned", instead of "interred" and "an "abject" lesson" instead of " an object lesson" But, I know, I'm being really pedantic now and overall these books are a real credit to the genre. I recommend them to all lovers of Sci-FI and am at this very moment ordering the next book for a really good page turning read.
on 4 November 2013
I guess the 'proof of the pudding' is that I couldn't put this down until I'd finished reading it. It is a very entertaining, fast paced story that holds your attention and is, on the whole, well told and plotted. The 'science' doesn't bear close examination and if you are going to enjoy this book you need to put to one side some bits which would otherwise have you rolling about laughing eg the ships AI pronouncing that, "next time, I'll do the calculations to 12 decimal places!" There are numerous examples of this type of thing and there are a lot of spelling mistakes, miss-used words and grammatically tortured sentences and paragraphs. However, as I stated initially, the basic story is good and, if you can put the short comings to one side, it is well worth reading. The authors other works in this series are in the same vein, read them for the good story and don't let the fax pas bother you. I look forward to the next installment and will definitely buy it when it is published.