on 13 October 2009
My kids love Pasta, but we never seem to get past Spaghetti Bolognese, so I thought I'd invest in this book to expand my repertoire. It's divided into two parts, one on dry pasta and one on fresh pasta (one is not necessarily better than the other). It's very rigorous and Italian, only certain shapes of pasta go with certain sauces, but many of the recipes are straight forward and quick (15 mins or less). The Fusilli Pizza recipe was very popular with the boys (7 and 5) and with 360 recipes in the book there's a lot more to try, although I will have to invest in a pasta machine to try all the recipes. Ravioli with duck filling sounds particularly delicious.
on 9 January 2011
A very serious book, a bit dull, few photos and they are not very inspiring.BUT the numerous recipes are authentic,varied and they work; you need to be a decent cook. This is not for total beginners.I would have liked more tips about making one's own fresh pasta, it assumes a lot of previous knowledge, maybe because it is initially an italian cookery book! . Classic, old-fashioned, and loveable.
on 13 April 2010
Like the Silver Spoon, very in depth, great recipes.
A great book, some terms are Italian & you may need to seek out Italian deli's & look up pasta shapes ect.

Few pictures, but those that are present are good.
on 20 June 2012
A few weeks ago we travelled to Bologna Italy, where they're famous for their food - specifically for their filled pastas. I brought home 5 big bags of pasta, all unique shapes which I hadn't seen before in the UK. I wanted to use these pastas in special and authentic Italian recipes, but wasn't sure where to start looking. In Italy each pasta shape goes best with a specific type of sauce, so I was more than pleased when I started flipping through the pages of The Silver Spoon Pasta Book and saw a brief history of each pasta featured in the book, including all of the varieties I brought home from my trip! There are wonderful and simple recipes to accompany each type of pasta, although there's no rules stopping you from mixing and matching! The first recipe I made was the penne in Vodka Sauce, although I used the bow tie pasta I brought from Italy rather than penne. My husband said it was the best pasta and sauce he's ever had. It tasted like it was straight from a restaurant in Italy. It was amazing, and has quickly become our favourite - I've made it 3 times this week!

The recipes in this book are simple and easy, with many of them requiring 10 ingredients or less
on 9 April 2010
Excellent collection of recipes, maybe a bit overwhelming for some. However, could be a good source of inspiration and creative ideas. The split into "Dried pasta" and "fresh pasta" is a nice touch. Could appear a little bit too "adapted" for the British market, though. If you like your pasta - get it.
on 8 January 2011
Some of the dishes are wonderful. Quite simple in many cases, but you'll learn some good techniques which will delight your palette.
on 27 October 2010
My family and I adore pasta and this book does cater to our needs as it contains a considerable number of pasta recipes.

This book is like an inventory of recipes using fresh, dried, long, short, or filled pasta from bavette to tortellini. It also provides a brief explanation about the pasta such as: what region of Italy it originates from; what the name of the pasta means; how it looks like and what sauce, meat, poultry, vegetable best goes with it. This is a benefit to those who love to eat and cook pasta on a regular basis as it has several recipes to go with each pasta type. Thus no more monotony of the same old same old.

All in all this book would provide anyone with ample ideas of what to cook in the weekday, weekend or even when entertaining.
on 9 February 2015
It's OK... it does not have metric units just US, not many pictures either.
It has one thing i did like: Its organized by pasta shape (wich is a good addition to my italian cuisine), so, i kept he book.
on 20 February 2017
This pasta book really is so different from other pasta books I own, more authentic with a lot of recipes I haven't seen before. Most are very basic, simple, quick and easy. Very traditional.
on 12 November 2013
If you love pasta like i do, then this is definately a book that you will love. Silver spoon is a such great book! A must have for every kitchen!