on 18 September 2017
I bought this book, having read and enjoyed the first in the series, and also enjoyed the television adaptation of the first novel.

However, I found this book a little drawn out in places and only really exciting in a few places. I had bought the audible version, which was extremely well read compared with some I have had, but this didn't really improve my experience of the novel. I wonder whether the fact that the screen adaptation of this novel is in only two parts, underlines my experience of very little content.

The characters of Cormoran, Robin and Matthew could have been better developed to make this a more interesting and intriguing read! One also has to concentrate to remember all of the other characters, only one of whom exists in the first novel, and so choosing it as a holiday read was probably not a good idea.
on 8 September 2017
I actually didn't want to like Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling in this genre as I just didn't think she could live up to the amazing work she did before. But she really nailed the genre. Some of it is formulaic in relation to some typical puzzle pieces of Detective fiction but I'd attribute that to starting up the series more than deficits in an author. The third book was brilliant as it didn't need to establish the characters as much and really killed it. I really enjoyed this book!
on 24 September 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this second outing by "Robert Galbraith" into the world of crime fiction. I've delayed watching the dramatisation and, to be honest, I'm not sure how they'll cram it into two hours, as there's so much going on - they could make a whole series purely about the Cormoran/Robin/Matthew elements of the novels, let alone the detective work. Looking forward to Strike three...
on 9 September 2017
well written, reasonably fast paced story, interesting plot twists.. nice to see the author expanding her story telling skills. I may have read this to soon after book 1, because it seems a little predictable
on 24 September 2017
Like it's other book in the series silkworm lost a lot of the subplots in it's tv adaptation when watching it I'm afraid I couldn't make head nor ail of the story line but reading it has been pure joy
on 24 September 2017
Great whodunnit with well set up setting and fast paced ending. Cormoran and robin are engaging characters and the development of their relationship adds a good psychological subplot to the story. I just wished sometimes that the characters displayed a bit more depth and complexity. The hero type character, that worked so wonderfully in the Harry Otter series, becomes a bit too flat in the context of complex real world situations.
on 22 August 2017
Impressive ! Great characters very convoluted story .I was unable to put it down. The ending was great! I didn't guess the murderer at all.
on 23 September 2017
Well after reading The Cuckoo's Calling I wasn't expecting much from The Silkworm.
However I must say this is quite an improvement and a lot less difficult to get into; fair effort.
on 16 September 2017
Absolutely brilliant. Kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. Just purchased number 3 and can't wait to read it.
on 19 September 2017
Totally loved this book, can't put it down, very well written and lots of twists and turns. Loved it and will be reading the next book