on 13 May 2016
Item just as described and promptly despatched. Thanks.
on 28 March 2014
This is a most informative work. I have a sizeable collection of Shorter pottery so this is the definitive reference work.
on 12 July 2014
great book
on 9 December 1999
This is a well researched and well written guide to the output of Shorter & Son Ltd of Stoke-on-Trent over the 100 years of their life. The factory's highly collectable art deco pottery is described in considerable detail, as is the history of the firm. The connection with Clarice Cliff is explored in depth and after reading the book who can be in any doubt that Clarice designed many of the firm's most popular lines, including the famous fish ware. The sections on the use of back stamps and types of glaze to date the ceramics are most useful.
Dr Mike Hoxley
on 1 July 2002
This is my maiden name, hence the interest.
A very informative book that has really made me more enthusiastic to collect pieces, my brother has it and recomended it to me, I shall buy another for my sister. I didn't know of the Clarice Cliff connection untill I read this. Has photo's of marks and an idea of dates, lovely colour plates, original adverts and original makers photo's with titles.The story of their lives and eventual demise proved very interesting, I collect some Crown Devon now to. A brilliant buy.
on 23 August 2001
I found this to be an excellent source of information on Shorter and its connections with other ceramic factorys. I have certainly learned an awful lot of new info that I wasn't aware of before. I can see that a lot of time and effort has gone into making the book. Do not expect all Shorter Ceramics to be listed, but it certainly covers a great deal. It would have been nice to have a Price List, hopefully one will follow in the near future.