Format: Hardcover|Change

on 22 July 2004
Nothing succeeds like success, or in the words of Deepak Chopra nothing succeeds like spiritual awakening. For all you people who value self-fulfillment, setting and achieving goals, and working in synchrony with the universe, this book offers an enlightening guide to achieving your dreams.
The book is split into sections such as Intention/Desire, and in each place you are not only given ideas on how to achieve this, but step by step practical activities that can contribute to this result.
Although it is based on Buddhist perspectives, i believe anyone from any denomination could gain something from this mantra guide. From building self-esteem to making and reaching your goals, this book is a succinct practical guide that could be carried around in your back pocket.
As it is so easy to follow, the reader could pick it up morning, noon or night to stimulate their minds. It is an enchanting read with just a few snippets of the surreal about it.
Give it a go, and i'm sure you won't be disappointed.
on 29 August 2006
I have the Audio CD version. If you are looking to improve your life tenfold then this is the one to read/listen to. The first 10 mins into the Cd/book may seem a bit confusing but this is quickly resolved as you carry on the next stage of the book/CD. This book offers valuable life lessons which go beyond "scratching the surface" and teaches you how to change for a better life and a better purpose and these steps are very simple to do for anyone. I recommend reading this book without other destractions so you benefit fully.

In my opinion this book is quite spiritual but does not base itself any one type of religion or belief and I feel you do not have to be "spiritual" to benefit from this book/cd. The book is very clear and concise in all areas and you probably won't just read it once, it may well become your companion for life. The book teaches you how to drastically improve every aspect of your life and is broken down into small sections so that it is easier to digest. I would recommend this book to anyone who desires any form of improvement in their life, irrespective of how small or how large the change they want may be.

A pure Genious, 10/10. This book in my opinion is top of the league.
on 22 January 2002
The most important thing to remember about this book is that you must read it again and again. It makes a lot of sense, is very easy to read and understand, and for those of you who have lost direction in life it is essential.
After initally reading the whole book a couple of times, I found that to read a chapter each day, perhaps before getting out of bed, or while eating breakfast, enabled me to focus on the message Deepak Chopra was trying to get across. As you read each chapter you find a relevancy for the content in your life. As you continue to read it day after day the practical suggestions can be used within your lifestyle habits.
It truly would be amazing if everyone could follow these suggestions, the world would be a much better place to live.
VINE VOICEon 24 August 2005
It is always nice to find someone out there that thinks the same way you do, however express it much better.
In "The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success", by Deepak Chopra, he describes the fundamental principles of the universe and how we as part of the universe can be successful. Throughout the book he has to slow sown and explain how he is using many of the words as we usually give them different meaning. Then there are a few times that he has to turn to Indian words instead of making up new ones. Many say he is based in Ancient Vedic concepts yet if you did not know of them you would relies these are concepts of the now.
He hits the deck running with this book so if you have not been exposed to these concepts before you may need to re-read the book several times. And this book was not meant to jus be read you need to practice the concepts to understand them. This book is based on "Creating Affluence" and does not have the size to contain a lot of background reasoning for drawing conclusions. Your practice off the laws will do that for you.
The concepts are too simple to give the titles any meaning however here they are.
1. The Law of Pure
The source of all creation is pure consciousness...
2. The Law of Giving
The universe operates through dynamic exchange...
3. The Law of "Karma" or Cause and Effect
Every action generates a force of energy that returns to us in like kind...
4. The Law of Least Effort
Nature's intelligence functions with effortless ease...
5. The Law of Intention and Desire
Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment...
6. The law of Detachment
In detachment lies the wisdom of uncertainty...
7. The law of "Dharma" or Purpose in life
Everyone has a purpose in life...
On a personal note it is so eerie that many of the things he talks about especially in the seventh law was the way me ad my siblings were raised. However I was 20 years old before cutting throw my first Veda
Be sure to also listen to the audio to here how he emphasizes.
on 7 February 2007
A wonderful book containing all the secrets to making your dreams come true and creating success in all areas of your life. If you only read the Chapter "The Law of Giving" your life will change immediately. Deepak has written many books - this is definitely a top choice. Get his DVD's also - they are fantastic!
on 25 April 2016
The author warns us not to be judgemental so I will desist. He tells us to mediate for at least half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening. He gives us no guidance as to how we might find the time, or even what he means by meditating. Not judgement just fact. The author loves the word infinite. He does not explain what he means by infinite. It can mean infinite in the mathematical sense or it can mean, to all intense and purposes, unlimited, in the same loose way people use the word unique or impossible. The author assumes that we all know what he means by quantum effects and by using the term he implies that he knows what he means by it. We are told that everything is energy and information. Every cell in the human body is aware of every other cell. Are these facts, conjecture or analogies? Many other books on self help follow the same pattern; imparting a narrative that can mean all things to all people and often, along the way, using a lot of annoying pseudo science. By giving away money you make more money, he is quite specific on this and it may be borne out by his own experience. Whether it is true for the rest of us I doubt. I have to admit that there are some things in life which one feels are very important but which are almost impossible to put into words. Giving him the benefit of any doubt, I think that the author genuinely feels that he has such a thing and is attempting to impart it as best he can. Furthermore other reviewers seem to agree that he has been successful. Me? I’m bemused.
on 23 May 2004
A friend of mine recommended this book to me, to get familiar with Deepak's work, before attending his seminar. I read it in one night. I loved it! The theory is simple and one could've thought of it oneself, but Deepak manages to put it all together in such a small and easy-to-read book. I enjoy doing the exercises and seeing the results of my 'efforts'. After I read it, I immediately bought a couple of copies and handed them to my friends, who all love it.
I read many books like this one, but most of them didn't have such an immediate effect on my life.
on 28 December 1998
I have a box of Chopra's tapes in my car and travel a lot. I listen to one or two every day for several years now. I've read every one of his books and listened to him in person. The Seven Laws of Success is a book I keep by my bedside and have read many times. In an interview, he recommended trying light and sound machines and neurosync behavior modification techniques, I followed his advice and it's changed my life. Of all the so called prohpets of mental and emotional health, he is definately the best and most credible. Millions have improved their lives with his advice. You can too. Start with this wonderful book.
on 1 February 2002
Buy this book. Read it often, relax and have the universe deliver the goods. The ideas seem so logical and are an excellent blend of science, nature and religion.
This book was lent to me by a neighbour and I found it both a stimulating and calming influence during a stressful period of my life. Unfortunately I had to give to give it back whereby I promptly bought my own copy and lent it to my mum.
Needless to say it looks like I need to buy another copy.
on 16 September 2001
I am discovering that there are a lot of great books for those on the spiritual journey. My friend sent me this as a 'random act of kindness' and I really appreciate it! It lays out the spiritual laws in a way that makes sense and gives you ideas at the end of each one on how to introduce them into your life - or expand on them. This book can be read in one day and then kept for reference and shared with friends. A line that comes to mind from the book is "success is a journey, not a destination". We can learn to live in and appreciate the moment, look forward to the future, and gain experience from bad times and make them into opportunities.