on 3 August 2014
Packed with information. Very interesting and compelling. If anything, I thought Steve Jones overcooks it a bit. Evangelical zeal?
on 12 September 2014
Interesting and very well written book but for readers like myself, for whom chemistry and physics were not the strongest subjects, the book is a struggle.
Worth reading if not for any other reason than just to confirm our own ignorance.
on 6 April 2016
Interesting read
on 19 April 2015
Very good
on 23 July 2013
Professor Jones has an engaging style and the book is an easy read. He covers a wide range of topics and succeeds in linking them together in a cohesive whole. This isn't a rant or a polemic, but a well structured and persuasive argument showing how science has come to eclipse religion in the minds of rational people.
on 28 May 2014
Excellent book - so informative and interesting - extended my understanding and world view enormously - couldn't put it down - wanted more - would recommend to all seekers of truth and understanding.
on 24 April 2014
An excellent book by a highly qualified author. I've been lucky to attend a lecture by Steve Jones on this book and the book lives up to expectations
on 2 May 2014
Read this if you are interested as to how genetics has influenced everything, from our need for a deity to what we can eat to our likelihood to commit crime. Marvelous
on 8 February 2014
I bought this book because I have tickets to see Steve Jones at Words on Water in March. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, felt that I learned a lot, and would recommend it highly.
on 4 November 2015
Nothing at all to do with the Bible being retold. Read a preview before committing to the full book, if you can.