Format: Hardcover|Change

on 6 December 2011
I saw this book while out shopping with my Grand Daughter and loved both,the clarity and composition of the photos.
My grand daughter wanted to buy it for me for Christmas, and as she is a student on a very limited budget,I searched for the lowest price Amazon came out tops and so The Selby is now in "my" place.
Love the book (even though I can't properly look at it until Christmas), Thanks Grand Daughter..
on 29 June 2010
The global economy might very well sink deeper and deeper into its muck, but according to Selby standards, this is no reason for lack of fabulosity. Beautiful people, beautiful trinkets, little meaning or purpose. The morning after the party when you're still a bit drunk, and life still looks hazy and good through eyes half open. Very 2009-10.
on 31 March 2011
I saw this in a clothes shop in Brighton priced up at £25... quick Amazon search and I saved myself over a tenner.

It's a really good little book. Loads of images of various artistic peoples homes in New York and some lovely interviews rendered in felt pen with thumbnail sketches. I bought it as an inspiration book for work but also for my home and if you are an interior designer or have moved in to a new house/looking to redecorate your own house I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Loads of kooky ideas and a lovely little insight in to the homes of people like Leboutin and Lagerfield amongst many, many others. Got some cracking ideas from it and it's a really nice coffee table book. Definitely worth a look.
55 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2010
I ordered that book for my sister as a b-day present and I'm really happy with it. Lovely pictures and loads of great ideas. I'm sure she will love it.
on 11 May 2010
Not much to say - except stunning!
Features the most extraordinary decorated, creative, different and weird homes beautifully photographed by the talented Todd Selby. Amazing and inspiring.
on 22 January 2014
quite stylish but a bit over the top on the "cool californian" theme, lots of surfers and middle aged hipsters
on 8 February 2012
Great book, larger format than expected. Love the content! Only downside is the length, it is fairly quick to run through.