Customer reviews

on 8 June 2017
Excellent
on 31 August 2006
This, I'm afraid, is not the best of biographies to read as a Johnny Depp fan, or even just to read. Lazily (and, at times, very badly) written and researched, it is cobbled together from other magazine and book interviews, and shows no evidence that the author had any access to friends or family of Johnny Depp for interviews. Neither is there any real attempt to analyse his subject's character or motivations for the things he has done, although he does come to some completely unsupported conclusions about what Depp was thinking or feeling at certain points in his life. Without knowing Depp, and without showing any signs of understanding him, it was difficult to see how the author managed to conclude anything.

This book instead gives the impression of the author doing his best to make a few quid on the back of Depp's current success without putting any real effort into getting to know his subject. Very disappointing and best avoided. So much for the 'secret life' of Johnny Depp - you could find out just as much yourself by doing a Google search and save yourself the cost of the book at the same time.
on 4 January 2013
Bought this for a Christmas present.
As the person who got it loves Johnny Depp - Not a lot more I can say.
on 25 November 2008
As you can probably guess by my pen name, I am a Johnny (Captain Jack) fan but that does not mean I cannot offer a decent review of this book.

I do not normally read books, but this kept me reading for a couple of days. Once I had started it, I could not put it down. I thought it was very true to life and I have learnt so much more about the brillant Johnny.
on 6 August 2014
another fab book if u havnt read this go ahead now
on 14 April 2014
Well anything that has johnny depps name on I will buy but you never get to find out any deep dark secrets he does,nt like to give much away but will buy his other books
on 26 January 2016