on 27 February 2016
You think you need this book when you just have one child, but you don't. It's all just common sense anyway and when the second one arrives you'll just wing it. It'll be fine. It's quite readable but there's nothing groundbreaking here.
on 28 August 2016
An ok book thats simple but it doesn't delve deeply into just how life is going to be. Found it was very bias towards more routine-led parenting with not enough on how to cope whilst bedsharing/breastfeeding (gentle/attachment parenting)
on 28 December 2014
Author advocates CIO in some instances... So if you aren't up for it, do not buy!
33 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2012
I regret buying this book. It states the obvious about every aspect of raising two children...e.g. Bath time, you can bath them simultaneously or together! I bought this book just after having my second child and was hoping for some help in adjusting to a routine that worked for both children, unfortunately any specific areas that I tried to seek help on from this book left me disappointed.
on 3 July 2013
I read this book while pregnant and will make sure I am keeping it on my bedside table for the year to come! There are many useful tips on how to organise the household and how to handle the older child so he doesn't become jealous. Lots of advice on everyday life situations too. I recommend it.
on 2 March 2014
This gives very good practical tips on how to survive with a toddler and baby. And also behavioural changes that might occur in your toddler and how to deal with these.
on 6 December 2013
I love having information specifically for second time mums as almost all books and apps are directed to first timers. Full of good ideas and sensible advice.
on 11 November 2011
I found this book really useful. I bought it when I'd already had my second baby and wished that I'd read it whilst I was pregnant. The book is divided in to useful sections so you can consult a specific area when you have a specific problem. Most of all I found the case studies really reassuring. It was great to know that I was not the only one finding the transition from 1 to 2 difficult!
on 21 February 2012
This book isn't as reassuring as you might expect. The main value to me was in opening my eyes to all sorts of things I hadn't yet considered about life after the impending event. I did get a bit tearful reading it, but then I am pregnant. It's the sort of book that is quite quick to read and probably contains a lot of stuff that you either knew or suspected already, but that's not to say it's a waste of money. It was just helpful for me to actually sit down and devote some time to thinking about how our lives are going to change so that I'm a bit more emotionally prepared. I need to read it again nearer to the due date, to make the most of the practical tips.
on 7 February 2011
The Second Baby Survial Guide book is excellant, full of really good tips for mother to be on how to cope with a toddler when the baby arrives.