on 26 July 2013
A great short story really enjoyed it. Was disappointed when it came to an end. Lisa Wingate is one of my favourite authors , she has such a God given talent . She draws you into the story so that you smell the salty sea air and feel the wind.
on 4 November 2015
I just can't help but feel that it would have been so much better if it had been a full-length book instead despite the lovely story. I feel that that the characters and the story could have been more fully developed if the story had had at least 100-200 pages more. But I have to admit that this could because I just like Lisa Wingate's stories so much that I don't want them to end.

I liked The Sea Glass Sisters because it gave the reader an insight into Sandy's life through Elizabeth Gallagher, her niece. It tells how Sandy, the owner of Sandy's Sea Shell Shop from The Prayer Box, ended up at North Carolina's Outer Banks. Sandys sister Sharon isn't at all happy that Sandy wants to sell the land she inherited since the land has been part of their family for generations and now she and her daughter Elizabeth is traveling to see Sandy to talk some sense into her.

Alas, all we get is a glimpse into Sandy and Sharon's life through Elizabeth's eyes, but as with the rest of the books in this series that I have read was this story beautiful written. It's a sweet and also sad story. It was lovely to meet Iola Anne Poole since the story in The Prayer Box takes place after she had died. I liked the characters and I the ending was good.