on 29 June 2016
Bought this book for my husband's birthday. He is very pleased with the quality and content.
on 30 January 2013
I ordered this book for my husband, as he is interested in all things nautical, he even had a boat for a while. He is really pleased with it and 'dips' into it almost every day. I have had a look myself, and I did find it quite interesting, but I prefer other types of books.
on 26 April 2017
Love all books of maps and this is a belter...
on 27 August 2016
This book is an interesting insight into our knowledge of the world and it's oceans.
on 11 February 2016
As the printed chart is giving way to electronic charts, this is a fascinating look at the history of charts with great illustrations
on 13 August 2016
Excellent value. The author knows the subject well and explains each development clearly.
Is be a valuable addition to my bookcase,
on 9 December 2012
a short but well chosen history of navigation charts. Really, to be recommanded to every armchair or real time mariner
on 26 February 2015
I bought The Sea Chart to give as a present so have only had a quick peek inside............it looks like a lovely book.Lavish and colourful illustrations give the book a quality appearance and feel while the text seems extremely detailed and very well written.The author John Blake has done a splendid job and can be justifiably proud of this comprehensive endeavour !
on 27 July 2016
Having read this book's review in the Forces Pensions Society magazine, I subsequently bought it for my son's birthday. He is a cartographer for the oil industry. He was absolutely delighted with it. It was a far better present than the sports car I bought him twenty years ago - it caught fire and burnt out the following day!.