on 15 July 2014
Oh dear. Am I the only person writing a review who found the inconsistencies and mistakes in this book irritating? It started with a conversation between a supposed ten year old and the head mistress. I had to go back and check it was a child talking...she could have been a middle aged woman! We go on to a meeting scheduled for a Thursday afternoon...that happens on a Friday when one of the characters was supposed to be on a training course. I have struggled to read on with any credibility just to get to the shop keeper whose conversation is sprinkled with clumsy malapropisms who then uses the word 'vicissitudes' correctly.
Either Phinn has lost interest in his characters, or this is very badly edited.
on 26 May 2017
Arrived 11th May. Good condition. Good story teller.
on 3 March 2017
This is a lovely "light" and interesting story. Easy reading . What I call believable fiction.
on 6 August 2014
Having read all of Gervase Phinn's previous dale books and the first of this series I knew I'd be onto a winner and I wasn't disappointed. Really enjoyed this book.
on 16 July 2014
Having read the first two books whilst convalescing last year, I was eagerly awaiting this next instalment and I was not disappointed! I look forward to reading what happens after the merger between the two schools, and to finding out what happens to Robbie, and to Miss Sowerbutts,.
on 2 June 2017
Great book, great price and delivery
on 2 April 2017
Wow wow wow.

I can't wait to read the next book.
on 26 May 2017
excellent well told story. great word pictures. llyall phillips-australia
on 19 August 2014