on 24 May 2014
Well, the story goes like this, woman or women get captured, get rescued.
Strange for a woman writer to make the women all victims who constantly get captured in various ways, sometimes in unbelievable acts of stupidity.

It ought to be called The Stupid Women series.

Inside there is is an interesting larger story trying to get out. Having read these three books I know that if the unnecessary kidnappings, two of the kidnappings were essential to the story, were taken out you'd have one book tightly written and really good Sci Fi.
One person found this helpful
on 3 September 2017
TRB write brilliantly, as he transforms you to a different time and and place. Her characters are well written using very descriptive language and excellently draws her reader in to then emotions and situations, definitely one to follow
on 25 June 2013
I can't say too much about this series. I deleted it after forcing my way through a few thousand words.

I'll finish most books no matter how bad they are but this one defeated me. It's not just the crazy illogics of the social system, I could tolerate that just about, it was that plus the utter ignorance of science. Thing is if you're going to use science (and let's get this straight this is supposed to be an alternate on this world) you better use something that at least makes some sense.

If you've seen the 1950s film adaptation of Day of the Triffids, you'll know what I mean. And we are talking salt.

Learned some interesting things about oysters though.
on 12 April 2014
The first book had an interesting post-apocalyptic setting and reasonable characters and action and I would have given it about 4 stars. However, the second book lost most of the post-apocalyptic interest and the action degenerated into female / male angst and meaningless erotic interplay between stereotyped characters. I became bored with it about half way through and never managed to read any further.
One person found this helpful
on 14 May 2016
Enjoyed this book for a while but it did seem to drag on and I read it as I wanted to know what would happen but when I got to the end of the 4th book I didn't want to invest anymore time, the characters are likeable and interesting but I did tire of yet another man in love with Clara and how many times one person can be kidnapped.
on 14 August 2017
Savage and civilized, but who is to say which is which? A tale with a twist, where pre conceived ideas passed down through the generations are questioned, with interesting answers.
on 14 June 2013
It was a great story, however I am none the wiser in who Clara chooses. I found the book repetitive, after all how many times can you get nearly raped? No explanation on who the travellers were and why they kept interfering? The book threw up a lot of questions, with very little answers - very frustrating. However the book was free!
on 5 April 2015
Story was ok but all that talk of of duty was very annoying. The heroine was very weak in my eyes. Easily influenced by her so called duties. The other characters were ok. I actually liked the rough band boys. Anyway, story was ok.
on 2 April 2018
Very good bxset
on 26 March 2018
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse