on 7 April 2012
The Sacred Wheel is written in a conversational style that is so easy to read. It is written with both humour and sensitivity. There are autobiographical passages, short stories and poetry in addition to information about and suggestions for Celebrating the eight Wiccan Sabbats as well as Deities to honour at these times. There is even some Moon Magic! I think it is a good book for beginners, but even someone with lots of experience should find interesting things too. I highly recommend it!
review image
on 27 January 2015
Some useful information, however, I felt the writer went off on unnecessary tangents, that for me, wasn't really direct information about the sacred wheel. For me, I felt the writer's focus wasn't really entirely on the Sacred Wheel as such, and felt she went on more about her own experiences and random memories. For example, she rambles on about her memory of a New Year's evening where she met some guy called Robert rather than the sacred wheel......and I got bored. I only managed to get through about 33% of the book before giving in to the boredom and moved on.
on 10 February 2013
This is a wonderful book for beginners or for old hats , very informative, also in places quite entertaining too, quite a few bits made me smile. Reading this book is like being in a class with your favourite teacher, who is very laid back and relaxed, but also strict when they need to be, a teacher you love and respect and that love and respects you. I think it is safe to say of all my books on Wiccan/Paganism, this is my favourite and has to be one of the best ever if not the best. All I can think is how wonderful it would be to meet Momma WhiteCougar and learn from her face to face, and I would love to see her Macbook of Shadows. Maybe I should do the same and make mine a Macbook of shadows too. :-) I really suggest you buy this ebook if you are into Wiccan/Paganism, it is a must have.
on 25 April 2012
This ebook really does have something for everyone. The stories and poems are beautiful and thought provoking. Although I have my own path I find it interesting to read someone else's view of the the Wheel of the Year - sometimes finding something new I can add to my own rituals or information about a deity may pique my interest and drive me to research them further. I hope Momma WhiteCougar writes another book soon.
on 29 December 2012
This is quite a good book, most suitable for beginners. I enjoyed reading it, but you will find it light weight if you already have any depth of knowledge. However, if you are a beginner and want a good basic book, I would happily recommend this one to you.
on 30 December 2013
As a newcomer to pagan ways I found this a warm and heartfelt introduction. Cougar writes with a wealth of experience and interplay with much humour, honesty and sincerity. She adds enjoyment to the read by way of her poems, song and stories. I learnt a great deal. I must admit as a newcomer I found the descriptions of the deities a little difficult to take in as there are lots - but that is to be. expected. I come away somewhat refreshed and spiritually satisfied and very keen to learn much more. Thank you White Cougar. Blessed be.
on 7 May 2013
I was interested in finding a book that explained the Pagan Year and celebrations. Although there is information here about this subject I found it was not exactly what I was looking for. Yes the author is very laid back and has an easy reading tone of voice. The beginning of the book that you are allowed to see before buying is what drew me to her book.
I have read all of the beginning and parts of the rest of the book. Once I knew what `Once-born' meant it caused a somewhat raised eyebrow. But other than that, there was nothing actually wrong with this book. The only parts I really took anything from, was the beginning sections before she actually got to talking about the Sacred Wheel starting at Samhain. It was not a pricey book so I had no complaints. Like she said you take from it what works for you. There are some nice and brief introductions in this book about a few various Deities from around the world. So yes it is very much a beginner's introduction book. I did how ever find her rituals far too wordy for my liking, but that's just my personal choice.
I was looking for more detailed and specific information about the history and meanings of the Pagan Year. Though the authors own personal observations were interesting.
on 24 January 2014
really enjoyed the story of Conrad and Jenna and some of the poems, found the book interesting but it didn't really captivate me I ended up skipping pages
on 3 August 2013
ive read a number of books on this topic over the years and many of them are filled with the writers self importance. not so this offering.
on 15 December 2015
This book is all you need . It is amazingly written . I have read many books and yet still found Interests I have not come across before . Brilliant .