on 26 February 2017
An ok read
on 25 February 2004
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I really recommend it. I was doing an indepth project on Anastasia (I'm 11 years old and in year 6) and the other books I had were rather complicated. This gave me a chance to read about her life and understand it. It really was like reading a child's diary. It made me want to find out so much more about Anastasia.
on 10 December 2000
I found Anastasia an amasing book to read. Full of mystery, danger and excitement I'd recomend it to anyone between 9 and 13. It tells of her amazing life and possibly her escape from death. It sparked my imagination and made me think about how if surcumstances were a litle different the world could be a totally different place today. A terrific read.
on 2 January 2001
This is the third book in the series I have read {I have also read Elizabeth and Marie Antoinette}and I have just finished it five minutes ago.I have always been interested in the tragic lives of the Romonovs and this book was a terrific read. This book is an easy way of learning because it is not just fact after fact after fact. It has fiction woven around the truth in diary form. It tells of her relationships with Olga, Tatiana, Maska{Marie} and Alexei. But even in her own diary the question asked for over 83 years "Did Anastasia survive the firing squad?"
on 14 August 2003
This book was quite interesting, and somewhat historically accurate. However...there are some things written in it that gives only vague descriptions. It was hard for me to realize afterwards that this was *not* Anastasia's true diary. Personally, I believe the author did an amazing job discribing the day-to-day life of a young Grand Dutchess, but after a while, it seemed that the story began to lack. Not in truth, but in description and the portraial of Anastasia's life. I am quite pleased that, for once, the author wrote the ages of the family correctly. It seems to me that many times, the author tries to make them younger then they really were at the time (IE: the Fox home video of Anastasia). All in all, it was a good book, and did "portray" as one would say, the way a Grand Dutchess might have lived durring that time.
on 27 January 2009
i think this book is possitively brilliant even though it is quite heartbreaking but it is great and interesting i suggest this to anyone who loves and adores history!!!
on 2 August 2011
this book is an insightful look into a good guess of what Anastasia's life would have been like at this point. Very nice I like it :)
on 1 February 2013
Daughter loves this series will read them in about 2 days cant get enough of them she is very happy with these books.
on 3 April 2016
Unputdownable insight into the life and times of the 17th C. Royal Swedish household.
on 12 October 2014
My daughter enjoyed reading this book.